British & American nationals in Libya

BRITISH NATIONALS

A British Airways plane has just entered Libyan airspace and is on route to Tripoli to help evacuate, one plane is already being loaded and another should be on the way soon.

The plane just entered can take 180 people, another one is coming aswell after, and one more on Tuesday morning will be sent if needed.

if you need to book place...

'UK nationals wishing to register an interest should call the following numbers: 020 7008 0000 from the UK or 021 3403644/45 from Libya.'

If you are in the camp to the south, the goverment know of your situation, it is trying to see what it can do.

AMERICAN NATIONALS

Travelers with valid travel documents and any necessary medications were asked to “bring one suitcase and a small personal carry-on item,” according to the State Department statement. which cautioned evacuees to be prepared “to wait several hours,” and advised them “to bring food, water, diapers and other necessary toiletries with them to the pier.”

U.S. citizens were also expected to “sign paperwork promising to reimburse the U.S. government for transportation costs at a later date,” although exact transportation costs were not yet available.

Moreover, U.S. citizens without valid travel documents were requested to send an email to [email protected] or by call 1-202-501-4444.

EDIT forgot the main part - the ferrys are going from Tripoli piers to Malta.

OTHER NATIONALS

Please post below if you require information, I will do what I can, this include Libyan nationals on anything.

I`v tried to phone these numbers so many times and no one whats to answer.  HELP !!!!

The British ones to phone from Tripoli are

(021) 340 3644
OR
(021) 340 3645
OR
+44 20 7008 0000

Sorry if it wasn't clear above.

Old information that was here deleted, out of date - LAST charter flight frm Tripoli Airport leaves TODAY.

If you are in the fields to the south, a SAS contingent has been put on standby for emergency deployment.

They also have a ship coming into Benghazi harbour on Sunday 27th

(They are unofficially evacuating various nations, so if you are grouped with US, Euro people they can board aswell.)

If you are STILL having trouble contacting them, PM me with as much details as possible, I will see what I can do.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-liv … ica/libya/

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Americans can contact via
[email protected]
or by calling
+1-202-501-4444

Americans citizens are being evacuated to Malta, you should take money/ credit cards as you will have to sort flights to America from there.

I am still looking for more info on the american evac, I do know they are using ferries to transfer people from Tripoli to Malta.

EDIT - from Embassy offical website

U.S. Embassy Tripoli Warden Message – Immediate Evacuation Information
February 26, 2011

This Warden Message is being sent to notify U.S. citizens desiring to depart Libya that a French charter flight will depart Mitiga Air Field on Saturday, February 26, at 2:30 p.m. local time.  The French government has agreed to accommodate U.S. citizens on this evacuation flight.

U.S. citizens should go immediately to the Mitiga Air Field if they wish to get on this flight. French Embassy staff will be looking for U.S. citizens both outside and inside the gate.

U.S. citizen travelers should bring valid travel documents and any necessary medications.

A U.K. ferry is scheduled to depart from Benghazi on Sunday, February 27.  The British government has agreed to accommodate U.S. citizens on this vessel.

The following information was provided by the British Embassy in Libya, at http://ukinlibya.fco.gov.uk/en/

Sea transport from Benghazi: HMS Cumberland will arrive back in Benghazi on Sunday 27 Feb to assist departure of those remaining UK nationals. U.S. citizens in or close to Benghazi who want to leave should call 020 7008 0000 from the UK or 021 3403644/45 to register for departure.

For further details, check the British Embassy in Libya's website, at http://ukinlibya.fco.gov.uk/en/

The United States warns U.S. citizens against travel to Libya and recommends that U.S. citizens in Libya depart immediately.  The United States advised the Government of Libya that it has suspended all embassy operations effective February 25, 2011, given ongoing violence and a deteriorating security situation.  All official U.S. embassy personnel and their family members have departed.

The U.S. Department of State continues to reach out to U.S. citizens we believe remain in Libya.  The Department is working closely with other governments and multinational corporations to ensure the safe departures of those U.S. citizens who still need assistance.  Please direct inquiries regarding U.S. citizens in Libya to [email protected]. Callers in United States and Canada may dial the toll free number 1-888-407-4747. Callers outside the United States and Canada may dial 1 -202-501-4444. 

The Department of State urges those U.S. citizens who decide to remain in Libya despite this Travel Warning enroll their stay in Libya through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at www.travel.state.gov, and provide their current contact information and next-of-kin information.  For up-to-date travel information, follow us on Twitter.

The United States will appoint a protecting power to assist any remaining U.S. citizens in Libya and oversee its property.  Please see the Country Specific Information for Libya on the Department of State's website at www.travel.state.gov, which will be updated as additional details become available.

http://libya.usembassy.gov/