Movement rights for Non EU Family members of EU citizens.


I am waiting for mi residence permit in Stockholm, I know this will take a long time (Around 2 years) and according to Migrationsverket during this period I am allowed to reside and work in Sweden.
I am married with a Norwegian citizen and I want to know if I can claim the EU Family members right to visit an EU state member  (Norway) even if my Schengen visa is expired.

Thank you, Kindest regards.

Hey CarlosFZ :)

Welcome to

Although the Kingdom of Norway is NOT a member state of the European Union (EU), it is closely associated with the Union through its membership in the European Economic Area (EEA), in the context of being a European Free Trade Association (EFTA) member and is part of the Schengen Area.


Thank you for your reply. As you well mentioned the Kingdom of Norway is not part of the EU member but part of the EFTA, that means that is included in the "freedom of move" agreement for citizens of member states and their families. My question then would be if I can invoke that right to visit (not to reside) Norway out of the valid time of my Schengen VISA.

Thank you again. Kindest regards.

New topic