Come to KL. with job offer or come first and start searching?

Hello,

I am from Egypt and I am thinking to come to KL. in few months. I don't know if it's better to come first then start searching while I am in to find a lot of opportunities as per my friends advises.

They told me if you come you may find more opportunities  than searching online.

I will start applying for online jobs to trying to set some interviews before relocate as I can.

My job is UI/UX Designer or in generally role is to design web and mobile applications.

Thanks in advance.

Well you are certainly in the right professional area to find work in Malaysia. Networking is the best way to find work - through your friends already in Malaysia.

Second to that, your idea to start by looking online for positions is a good one. That way you will familiarise yourself with how broad the market is for your skills and who are the recruiters you see frequently.

One of the problems with turning up in Malaysia and job hunting without any preparation is that there are definitely better times of the year to do this and other times when job hiring slows. It can be an expensive and time consuming (not to mention frustrating) time just waiting around.

From what I recall there is a burst of activity in the new year up until about April then it goes quieter until about September. But of course things can change and next year is election year and so everyone will have the jitters about what is going to happen, so 2017 might be a good time to secure a move here.

Do remember that the rule now is that even if you do secure a job during a trip here, you have to leave the country while the process is going on (called Stage I) and then can return once it is successful, possibly with a Visa with Reference to allow you to enter the country.

I really appreciate your advice.

I am preparing to turn up next October and I would like to know if this date is good or you may have better one.

Also I consider that leaving issue while my papers are finished so I am planning to go to Indonesia for example.

Thanks a million.

Recruitment will take at least one month  - here are the latest jobs - https://www.jobstreet.com.my/en/job-sea … gner-jobs/

You need to be aware that not all companies are able to hire foreigners because they don't have the necessary corporate structure and capital. This is usually mentioned in the job ad by saying certain local languages are needed or Malaysian citizens only to apply.  Most MSC  companies will be able to hire foreigners. http://www.mscmalaysia.my/company_directory

Definitely prepare a really good CV (with photo pasted onto it) giving step by step information about what are your skills and what tasks you have performed. The hirers here match what you put on your CV with the duties of the jobs they have.

The job market is not really geared so much towards career development, rather does a candidate have a track record of being already able to perform the tasks that are needed.

Thank you, Hopeful of getting back here with more queries very soon.

hi,
   Whats the ideal time of processing Visa witj reference?