PayPal

If anyone is using PayPal in VN to deposit money into their accounts here, beware.PayPal has changed the way your bank account is setup. They reversed my name as per the VN way of doing it, surname first,then middle names and lastly your first name.The money  I sent was returned to PayPal as the account name was incorrect. Now after 10 emails and dealing with braindead staff at PayPal, I still have an account that cant withdraw any money due to the name reversal, and they keep telling me that's how things are done in VN.

Just a suggestion:
Open a second Paypal account with correct name and transfer the money between them.

Darwin123 wrote:

Just a suggestion:
Open a second Paypal account with correct name and transfer the money between them.

Good point, but why cant PayPal reverse the name as they did before.

colinoscapee wrote:

PayPal Vietnam isn't the only one who is inflexible with their rules.

We recently encountered some difficulty with Japan Airlines because our names on the tickets showed FIRSTMIDDLE (no space) LAST, while our passports showed FIRST MIDDLE LAST. And it wasn't our fault that the names were printed that way on the tickets. It's how their program was (and still is) set up.

In France years ago when names were written as LAST FIRST MIDDLE, a couple of times we almost had to sleep on park benches when hotels said they didn't have our reservations because they couldn't find our names in the order it should have written.

Ten years ago, I had to hire a lawyer to have my name switched to the "correct" order before we could sell our home in Italy. Same reason: my name on the deed was written in a different order than the one on my residency card.

So, when in Rome (or in Saigon) ...

Ciambella wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

PayPal Vietnam isn't the only one who is inflexible with their rules.

We recently encountered some difficulty with Japan Airlines because our names on the tickets showed FIRSTMIDDLE (no space) LAST, while our passports showed FIRST MIDDLE LAST. And it wasn't our fault that the names were printed that way on the tickets. It's how their program was (and still is) set up.

In France years ago when names were written as LAST FIRST MIDDLE, a couple of times we almost had to sleep on park benches when hotels said they didn't have our reservations because they couldn't find our names in the order it should have written.

Ten years ago, I had to hire a lawyer to have my name switched to the "correct" order before we could sell our home in Italy. Same reason: my name on the deed was written in a different order than the one on my residency card.

So, when in Rome (or in Saigon) ...

This wasn't PayPal Vietnam, this was PayPal in the USA. I have had money sent numerous times in 2016 with my name in the correct order, PayPal has now deemed that because I have a VN bank account,that my account name must be changed to suit. They didn't contact me about this, they refuse to recognise that the name on my bank account here is written as First,Middle and Surname. They just keep saying I'm in VN and my Surname must be first on my bank account, which it isn't.