Car and rental ins

Just found out that USAA isn't allowed to do insurance here unless we are active duty. So now we are looking for good rental and car insurance. Help?

Try http://www.ssspropiedad.com - 787-749-4600 - home and possibly car insurance.
https://www.segurosmultiples.com/index.html - multiple types of insurance.

Any independant  insurance agent will do and find you insurance for your specific needs.

A lot of times you can save when your house and all cars are under the same policy.
Rey

Thank you again!  Do you prefer one? We just need renters ins and car insurance. Not sure if just liability.

Maryeb5762 wrote:

Thank you again!  Do you prefer one? We just need renters ins and car insurance. Not sure if just liability.

I have not used either one so I can not tell you which one works best.

As to liability, when you register a car you have the option of using private insurance or using the state provided insurance which covers the other party for an amount up to 4k. This may or may not be sufficient so I recommend private insurance regardless.

Navy Federal also offers full-spectrum insurance.  Don't know if that is not extended to PR -- haven't checked yet.

Getting a real liability policy with higher levels of coverage is the best way to go.   In my case, my car in PR is not worth much, so I only bought liability coverage and road service.   

The basic coverage that is mandated when getting the marbet is only 4k coverage for damages, and it costs about a $100.   That's not sufficient if you are involved in an accident.  I think I paid about $250 for 100/300k coverage.

Also, if you get private insurance either liability or full coverage, you do not need to get the government insurance.

We use seguros multiples for our vehicles.

yes, that is the one I went to - Seguros Multiplies       They provide a certificate of insurance that you present when you get the marbet

Sitka wrote:

yes, that is the one I went to - Seguros Multiplies       They provide a certificate of insurance that you present when you get the marbet

Ask your agent, for next year renewal they're doing it electronically so you won't even have to present the certificate.

What is marbet?

Maryeb5762 wrote:

What is marbet?

Your registration fee, the marbete is the sticker for the window.

So if ours says apr, then we don't have to pay til next apr?

the expiration date is on the sticker.  And BTW if you fail to get it and are stopped by the police, the fine is very stiff  -  I know a guy who got a ticket for  an expired sticker, the fine was $500!   :o