I need your serious advice

Hi All !!
My name is Aftab and I have been offered PhD without salary from UvA. I am seriously thinking about to opt it or not. Presently I am living in Pakistan. I inquired from IND regarding work permit. They said I can not do any work other than my research work for PhD but my wife is free in the labour market without need to get any work permit.

Now being the citizens of Non EU country and without knowing dutch language do you think my wife can get a job in Amsterdam to support our living ? She has done MBA in Human Resources and has 2 yr experience in customer service dept in a local bank in Pakistan.

What about odd jobs for non dutch speaking people in Amsterdam ? Your feedback is very important for us to decide whether to opt the opportunity or not. So please please please reply back ASAP

Waiting for your reply here.

Kindest Regards
Farhan

Welcome on the forum Farhan ;)

There are lots of international companys in Holland.  If your wife can speak good english and has any kind of University degree or diploma, she could very well get a job with one of these.  Work permits will be needed and be sure she has work before coming over, it is expensive and savings will be eaten up quickly.

Check this link out it should help with anyb info you require:

iamsterdam.com/en/living/official-matters/personal-public-service-number-bsn

Good luck

Bill

Bulldog-Barbie wrote:

There are lots of international companys in Holland.  If your wife can speak good english and has any kind of University degree or diploma, she could very well get a job with one of these.  Work permits will be needed and be sure she has work before coming over, it is expensive and savings will be eaten up quickly.

Check this link out it should help with anyb info you require:

iamsterdam.com/en/living/official-matters/personal-public-service-number-bsn

Good luck

Bill

Yes she can speak good english. I am coming to Netherlands as a knowledge migrant and I am told that I have work permit but I am not allowed to work anything else apart from research work for PhD and IND says that my wife has also work permit and she does not need to apply for work permit. But she has not got any work offer as we still live in Pakistan so now what is your advice ?

You can check out various websites like the following: werk.nl/werk_nl/werknemer/working_in_the_netherlands_wn/inenglish they advertise jobs all the time in just about every field, if a job is offered you will of course need to get over here ASAP. If your wife is allowed to work she could find employment on one there.

Bill