Skilled Worker Tax Discount

I am looking for information regarding a supposed tax discount that one would receive as a skilled worker for the first two years living in Norway.  Does anyone have any information on that?
I'm really looking for specifics here, what it's called in Norwegian, a website (even if it's in Norwegian) that describes who qualifies etc.
I'm a civil engineer working in Norway and would like to take advangate of this tax break but cannot find information anywhere.
I've already called the tax agencies here and only get the runaround.
Thanks

Welcome on board migpics ;)

I hope that other members will comment on this taxation issue soon.

Regards

I'm posting a reply to my own question.
A link to the information regarding limited tax liability for foreign workers is here:
skatteetaten.no/en/Bibliotek/Publikasjoner/Brosjyrer-og-boker/Information-for-foreign-employees-Standard-deductions/?chapter=74882
The PDF of the document is here:
skatteetaten.no/Upload/PDFer/Brosjyre%20og%20bok/Standardfradrag-09-ENG-LR.pdf
From my understanding of reading the literature, this deduction is an alternative to the standard deduction, not an extra deduction as I was told by other and rumors I had heard.

If someone has experience filing taxes in Norway, let me know how this is interepreted.
Thanks!

Hello migpics!
I am not an accountant, but I can tell you my experience. After you will receive the tax card, they will give you a letter with a schedule (tabell) with amount of money and amount of taxes related to that amount of money.
     It's simple. For instance, if you earn around 30.000 NOK per month, the taxes are about 9.000 NOK. It's a lot, I know, but this is Norway. On the first year you have a 10% tax deduction, that means, for instance, if you have 36% taxes, you will pay only 26%.
      I don't want to misinform you, but this was the rule in 2007, when I arrived in Norway. I'm not so sure if there is a special rule for some skilled workers. To be honest, you have to expect the worst: the more money you make, the more taxes you pay.

Thanks for the tip but my problem is that I am married to a Norwegian and may not qualify for it.  I have two children and my wife works so I don't know which deduction is better to take, the standard or itemized deduction.
And then how do I go about taking that deduction because on my skattekort I don't know the name of the deduction.
I think I need to sit down with an accountant, go through the motions and the steps, then I'll report back.
Do you have children and are you married to a Norwegian?  So far my experience with this is very negative as we've spoken to 6 different people at skatteetaten and have gotten 6 different stories.  Any more info is great help, like examples, links and little pictures of the forms.

I am not married with a Norwegian and I agree with the stupidity of the guys from Skatt. Even if you find it stupid, I will tell you again my experience. I've worked in a hotel, and the accountant there simply helped me in a couple of minutes to fill the forms. To be honest, I've had another problem: language. Even today, after 3 years, I don't speak norsk very good, cause I simply...don't like Norway. Good country to make money couple of years, then time to fly to different (and warmer) horizons.