Marrying thousand miles away guy

Me and my man plan to get married next year, he is austrian, and I am a filipina. We're never married, so
I need your help badly, were planning to get married here in the Philippines please help me what to do first, and what are the process; I am so confuse which is which. I hope for relevant responses. Thank you so much.

Hi Kaxandra8118,

Welcome on board.

Just to let you know that your topic has been moved to the Philippines forum so that members can guide you regarding the process and formalities to be completed.

Good luck.

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com

Good luck, it is a hard road but worth it.   If the guy has money, a solid work history, no criminal arrests, then u should be fine.

danke, Im sure wed be fine 😊 after all its our both first wed to each other.. something to look forward too

Lucky you, get to work on your third language.  If it is like the USA he will have to prove that he can support both of you, and you will go through a lot to prove you are physically and mentally ready for married life in Austria.  Filipina wives get into the USA twice as fast on a fiancee visa rather than a spousal visa, Austria may be different.  Our wedding was in the Philippines so my wife's family could attend, even though it took a year to get her into the USA.  Good luck and try to have patience, it should be worth all the time and energy.

You should let us know where you plan to get married.  This will help with the responses you get and should be less confusing.  As Mugtech said, it is easier to come to the USA on a fiance visa than a spouse visa.  So you may want to check on that if you are getting married in Austria.   Congratulations on your future marriage.

1. get a marriage license from your local city hall. You should know the requirements (get the requirements from the city hall office issuing marriage certs. (birth cert, etc). This has an expiry date from the date of getting the license (not sure if it is 3 months?)

2. bring this license along with other requirements to make arrangements for your wedding (1) church? (2) judge? whichever you plan church or civil wedding.

Those are the basic things you need to be done, after which just plan everything else, reception, etc etc

HI, IS THAT TRUE. IF I MARRIE MY GIRLFRIEND IN THE PI, I CAN GET HER TO THE USA WITH ME WHEN I LEAVE TO COME BACK HOME TO USA? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN?

tomwynn wrote:

HI, IS THAT TRUE. IF I MARRIE MY GIRLFRIEND IN THE PI, I CAN GET HER TO THE USA WITH ME WHEN I LEAVE TO COME BACK HOME TO USA? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN?

If you marry in the PI, then you must come back to the USA and file for a spousal visa, which lately has been taking a year or more to be completed.  You will have to prove you can support her and provide paperwork such as previous tax returns.  She will have to pass a background check and a physical.  If you do not get married and instead file for a fiancee visa it will require similar paperwork but take lass time, perhaps 4 to 6 months.  Good luck.

thank you so much miss Kate

If your Hubby is an Austrian, he can text or call me then I can describe him the process in german ...it's easier for me than in english....me and my Angel married in september last year in cebu city...

If you are over 21, go to your local civil registry office to apply for  marriage paperwork, both will have to attend a 2 or 4 day class, there is a 10 day wait period , he must get approval from his embassy maybe, and family needs to approve, im getting married in Nov
ember, on Bohol