How to make friends in Frankfurt

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Frankfurt :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Frankfurt??

Thanks in advance for your participation

GOING TO NIGHT CLUBS,CHURCH ETC.

Hi and welcome on board mandym!

Please avoid using caps lock on the forum :D
Do you prefer making friends in night clubs or Churches ? :)

Regards
Armand

I'm planning to visit Frankfurt for few days to a week in June.  I'm a student and would like to make friends with other students and locals. Do you know any good places, like coffee shops, study areas, etc..

Welcome on the forum singhs5 :)

May be you can shall start a new topic with your questions on the Frankfurt forum for more visibility. This will surely allow you in obtaining more responses & reactions.

Regards

Awesome! Thanks bud.

Yud wrote:

Welcome on the forum singhs5 :)

May be you can shall start a new topic with your questions on the Frankfurt forum for more visibility. This will surely allow you in obtaining more responses & reactions.

Regards

Hi,

I have been living in Japan for the past few years but will be moving to Franfurt in the summer. I must admit one of my biggest worries is lonliness. It's taken me a long time to get a good group of friends here in Japan but it's hard because I look different to the local people. I'm hoping that since I am European, this wont be a problem in Frankfurt.

One method I'm using is that I have decided to live with two German girls around my age. I found the flat on a website. I'm hoping to become good friends with them and also learn some German from being around them too. :)

Welcome on Expat-blog kotoko! :)

Thank you for sharing.

I'm sure you will get lots of new contacts.

All the best,
Christine

hey..29yr old female from miami, new to frankfurt and looking to make freinds...I'm super chill and fun..love to go out clubing, pubs, play pool and poker... anyone down to hang out , write me :)

hi im 23 irish lookin for new frends in frankfurt
love 2 go clubbing,parties,cycling,swimming,exploring frankfurt
i love irish pubs anybody wanna hang out?

email is ***

Hello asherling and welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts.

Regards,
Harmonie.

Hi,there!
summer holidays have just started in Frankfurt,has anyone left in the city with kids and eager to hang out? Here I am!:D
Btw. shall you be interested in exchanging services, for instance babysitting in the afternoons or watching a pet whilst you are on holidays,please, send me a priv message, thx!
All the best!

(this forum looks fabulous, good job!)

yes im  available everyday to babysit,watch pets,dod walking etc...

i live in sachsenhausen near sudbahnhof and im free anytime,everyday up until 2nd july then i return on 11th july

aisling lyons
sachsenhausen

I will send you priv message, asherling, thanks for reply.

ps.In fact I asked about e x c h a n g i n g services, as I could do myself some things like pet watching or babysitting or eveb cleaning as well in the sachsenhausen area.

Can anybody recommend a good night club in Frankfurt, maybe one where they have live bands?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Frank

Hi there!
I moved to Frankfurt 3 weeks ago....
Life is pretty challenging for me over here because I don't know anyone and I don't speak German.... I am looking to make new friends because I am an open person and I hate being on my own! I would love to hook up with people in their mid 30s and have a bit more of dining and night-life experience in this beautiful city.
Contact me if you're interested!

Hello strangers...

I will be working and living in Franfurt very soon, so I'm looking forward to meeting interesting people who love arts, music (jazz, opera, blues, rock, classical, fado....), theatre, a good conversation...

I speak Dutch, English, German, French, a litlle Spanish.

can't wait to hear from you...

Karo

Hi Karo,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope you find lot of new contacts here.

Hi everyone!

I'm Mélody, I'm French and I'm living in Frankfurt for a month.

I'd like to meet people who are in their 20's to go out for a drink... :)

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

X

hello my name is Somang from S.Korea
i'm staying in frankfurt till October. I just moved here~
sadly i can't speak german though i'm still learning it
but It would be great if i can meet someone to hang out with (by the way i'm 22 XD)
i'm outgoing person! staying all day alone or in the office is boring
contact me !

Hi Somang !

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

anybody wanna go 4 a drink?

Hi, I'm Sally, 46 yrs old, no kids, 1 dog, German partner. Moved here a few weeks ago.  Don't speak German and finding it impossible to learn.  Living in Kelkheim.  Looking to meet English speaking females in similar situation as myself. Love dining out, riding, dog walking. Hate shopping, nightclubs, crowds ... oh and the weather here at the moment!  ... Am settling in quite well but would love to make some friends.  Please drop me a line if I sound like your type of person.

Thank you for your introduction Sally. Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi All

I am international citizen, having lived in India, UK, USA and traveled to almost all Western European countries and Canada. But now I will be moving to Frankfurt for work and I don't know German and little freaked out. I am in my 30's and connect well with any age.

Any English or Hindi speaking folks there who would like to hang out. I would be move to Frankfurt in October.

I love travelling, reading books, play music, write poetry, museums, history, cultural experiences, cinematography.

Puneet

Hello Puneet and welcome to Expat.com!

:)
Harmonie.

EH!
I am Canadian, 23 years old, just finished my university studies and live in Frankfurt. I currently work as an intern in Human Resources in a Banking institution.

I am an optimistic and I like a lot of things; movies, sports, travelling, Arts, parties, Fashion, FOOD. I am looking for friendship, as long as it may last! I would be happy to hear from yo!

Johannie (Joey is alright too)
I speak French, English and a moderate Deutsch

this is all great information.... thanks everyone. 

Angie

Hey everyone :)
I'm new here and out of curiosity I've started to read the part about my own city Frankfurt. So accordingly I'm German. I'm in my mid 20s and I like international crowd. So if anyone wants to hang out with a native, snap a chance and message me :)

Hi everyone,

Im Josselin, 28 years old and French. I just moved from Manchester, and I am going to stay here for a long time!

I already spend 2 years in Frankfurt (2004), so I know quite a lot of good places! Just need to meet new people! So send me a message!

Hi,

I am new in frankfurt...will stay here for 3 months because of my work...i am free in the eve and dont know anyone yet...i am from india...would be great to meet some new people here...

MsNour wrote:

Hey everyone :)
I'm new here and out of curiosity I've started to read the part about my own city Frankfurt. So accordingly I'm German. I'm in my mid 20s and I like international crowd. So if anyone wants to hang out with a native, snap a chance and message me :)

Dear Mrs Naumann,

Could you please empty your inbox.

Hi all!

My name is Janine, Im 23 and British and moved to Frankfurt for work. However, I dont speak German and have never really got the chance to meet people out of work. Looking for others in their 20's for hanging out and good times :)

I speak English and Japanese. Feel free to message me!

which website did you choose?
dieter
have been in japan more than 30 times

kotoko wrote:

Hi,

I have been living in Japan for the past few years but will be moving to Franfurt in the summer. I must admit one of my biggest worries is lonliness. It's taken me a long time to get a good group of friends here in Japan but it's hard because I look different to the local people. I'm hoping that since I am European, this wont be a problem in Frankfurt.

One method I'm using is that I have decided to live with two German girls around my age. I found the flat on a website. I'm hoping to become good friends with them and also learn some German from being around them too. :)

Hi I am from Costa Rica, I have been living in Frankfurt for almost 2 years but it has been a bit difficult for me to get to know new people, I like to do a lot of things, eating, cooking, movies, and so on, so if somebody want to meet for a drink, for a coffe or just for hang out for a while just send me a message! We could also organize some group of people in the same situation to go out or something like that!

Hope to hear from somebody :)

Are you guys up for a group meeting? Been kinda stressed lately and would really love to meet an internationally minded crowd! A movie, dinner, bars, etc. would be okay.

(Oh, btw I'm a Filipino, grew up in Singapore, I've been studying in Frankfurt since 2009. I offer German tandem practice too! :)

i moved to frankfurt last november from new york
there are some international networking events or parties
lets stay in touch by email, so i can forward you any parties
where do you live in frankfurt?
i moved to sachsenhausen
dieter

Just found this site although ive been here in germany for 2 years now. Im from Canada. Looking to expand my friend base here. Also looks like this thread needed a bump.... so BUMP!!!

Hey everybody,
I discovered this site today, seems great!
23 years old, born and raised in Israel, I now live here in Frankfurt (for the past 2 months).
Still don't speak german but I'm learning :)

As for meeting friends, all kinds of websites like this make it so much easier. There are a few weekly meetings in Frankfurt with international crowds, a great way to meet new people.

Hello~im 18yrs old girl come from Hong Kong
i would like to have a friends to travel in Germany:)
Im going to Germany  Frankfurt soon for travelling, maybe we can meetup?