The best things to discover in Kuwait

Hello everyone,

What have you discovered in Kuwait that you would recommend to other expats?

Are there any places that you enjoy visiting on the weekends, be it areas of natural beauty or shopping malls? Are there any Kuwaiti dishes that you would recommend?

What are some of the best activities in Kuwait?

Are there any unique customs or places you were introduced to by locals that you think other expats might be interested in? Are there any local festivals that expats might want to get involved with?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

Hands down, my favorite weekend activity is lunch at the Souk Al-Mubarakia (three skewers of lamb, salad, and some hummus) followed by a tour of the Friday market.

For an "after work" on Thursdays its nice to get out by the beach near the marina mall.  LOTS to do there, get in on a game of beach volley ball, rent a jet ski, people watch, or just sit on the pier by the Japanese restaurant there and watch the sun set behind the city skyline.

For local customs, I broke the first day's fast this Ramadan with my Egyptian friend Mustafa and all his friends.    That was cool to do.  Lots of food, we all sat on the floor, definitely a culture shock for someone as new as I am to the area.

So far it's been darn good times.