The best things to discover in India

Hello everyone,

What have you discovered in India that you would recommend to other expats?

Are there any places that you enjoy visiting on the weekends, be it areas of natural beauty or shopping malls? Are there any Indian dishes that you would recommend?

What are some of the best activities in India?

Are there any unique customs or places you were introduced to by locals that you think other expats might be interested in? Are there any local festivals that expats might want to get involved with?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

What have you discovered in India that you would recommend to other expats?
I cannot talk about India in general, but Delhi has amazing gardens. I come from a place with loads of malls and less gardens. Seeing flowers blooming in Spring is fascinating. Their cultural merchandise are also very affordable, making it pleasant for you who likes collecting ethnic stuffs.

Are there any places that you enjoy visiting on the weekends, be it areas of natural beauty or shopping malls? Are there any Indian dishes that you would recommend?
Shopping malls don't really stand out compared to the ones I see back in Indonesia. However, natural beauties are amazing. Everything is 100x more beautiful in Winter!! For food, to those whose tongue has never touched Indian food, start with Murg Malai Tikka (Creamy roasted chicken)... and tho those who could handle some chili, start with Chicken Tikka. And move from there...

What are some of the best activities in India?
So far, my favorite would be to visit art exhibitions in Delhi or taking a walk in gardens.

Are there any unique customs or places you were introduced to by locals that you think other expats might be interested in? Are there any local festivals that expats might want to get involved with?
Go see Kathak!