The best things to discover in Azerbaijan

Hello everyone,

What have you discovered in Azerbaijan that you would recommend to other expats?

Are there any places that you enjoy visiting on the weekends, be it areas of natural beauty or shopping malls? Are there any Azerbaijani dishes that you would recommend?

What are some of the best activities in Azerbaijan?

Are there any unique customs or places you were introduced to by locals that you think other expats might be interested in? Are there any local festivals that expats might want to get involved with?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

Well , it is not easy to choose a best activity since there are many almost all are at the best activity degree.
Let me mention some in a disorder way.
Among all experiences I can say that a week I have spend in the house of a local family in Salyan Yolqecen  region. During the whole week ( a nowruz holiday) I lived as a member of a local family. Drank water from the brook , ate rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner , visited the cemetery ,played all the ancient games with locals.
Of course Shahdaq  is the best winter activity center but spending the New year at Lenkeran with my family  was so great .
The view of Kepez mountains as nearing the goygol is unforgettable.
The parish  with Red tap where almost all inhabitants are Jews is worth visiting, do not forget to stop to taste shekerbura and enjoy  Namran if summer.
The targovi center just after the dawn , when no one iawakened is the best choice for a walk and write poetry.
Omar Horse & Fish is a great place to visit . recommend weekdays / fishing and horse-riding is a great activity . I take kids almost twice a month.
Highlands of  Gebele  are wonderful . I lived on two days only what I collected from the forest. Wished to make a week..