The best things to discover in Australia

Hello everyone,

What have you discovered in Australia that you would recommend to other expats?

Are there any places that you enjoy visiting on the weekends, be it areas of natural beauty or shopping malls? Are there any Australian dishes that you would recommend?

What are some of the best activities in Australia?

Are there any unique customs or places you were introduced to by locals that you think other expats might be interested in? Are there any local festivals that expats might want to get involved with?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

I am from Seattle and need to move to a non-humid, preferrrably small town area.  Just want to work at something simple (I am a nurse, paralegal, piano teacher, children's group music teacher and customer service person), swim, help out in the community, make friends, maybe even marry.  Mostly, it is very expensive in Seattle and I have been attempting a living self employed and I am tired. I am fun loving, funny, smart but easy to be around anyone and relaxed with just about anyone. Hi!:)

Hi Katykay,

We live in a suburb south of Brisbane where I think you would settle very well.
The name is Springfield and Springfield Lakes, Queensland 4300.

Google it and have a look.
The climate is great, warm in summer, cool nights and warm sunny days in winter a fraction of the rain you get in Seattle, I've been there, I know !!

Plenty to do also with parks, swimming pools, great shopping in a large complex (Orion) and a train which runs into Brisbane CBD regularly.

Plenty of young families settling here and the living is no more expensive than Seattle, probably cheaper as the wages in your profession are good.

There is a private Mater hospital and several practices where you would find work and with your qualifications you should get a visa, but try applying online by identifying on Google where the places are in Springfield and the Lakes first as you might get a sponsor.

There are numerous other places to consider around Brisbane but you get the quieter areas if you live in the suburbs.

Google and contact the job agencies in the city as there are very professional and helpful.

Contact me through this website if you need any further help.

Peter