English job

I am an indian living in ecuador. I speak English very well. I had 6 months experience as a gas station manager in United States. I am looking for an English speaking job. Can any one active here help me out or give some suggestions. Thank you

Hi Rathan1219,

Welcome on board.

Feel free to consult the Jobs in Ecuador section to have an idea about the latest offers available and make sure you create your resume to increase your chances of getting in touch with potential recruiters.

Regards,

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com

Dear Rathan,

Welcome to the Ecuador forum.

There are more opportunities in Cuenca for jobs in which some English might be spoken .. than in most places in Ecuador.  Vilcabamba has a remarkably high percentage of English-speaking Expats.  New arrivals need services such as obtaining a visa, entering the health care system and translating.  You probably would have to add skills and knowledge to accommodate these folks.

In Expat-unfriendly places such as Guayaquil, Santo Domingo de los Colorados and parts of Sucumbíos province, you could go a long time without hearing English speakers.  Jobs in which speaking English is relevant are undoubtedly scarce in these places.

Normally, English teaching jobs are a possibility.  Having an Indian accent could be a detriment if that's the situation in your case.  Ecuatorianos who want to learn English are probably thinking more about learning North American-oriented English.

Being bi-lingual -- provided you have mastered some Spanish while you've been in Ecuador -- could be a boon to your job hunt.

However, by custom and practice, low-skilled service jobs such as are found at gas stations -- go to local Ecuadorians, especially in the currently-depressed economy.  That's not an English-speaking job situation, anyway.

Why did you come to Ecuador?  Where in Ecuador are you?

cccmedia

I live in mucho lote back side of tia. I came here to start a business and got cheated by a guy who robbed 15,000$ from me. I gave a police complaint with my friends but nothing happened. He escaped trom guayaquil and herd he is now living in brazil. I can't do nothing right now.

Thank you for the suggestion brother

I don't see a future for you in Mucho Lote, Guayaquil.

Have you visited Cuenca or Vilcabamba?

cccmedia

Rathan1219 wrote:

He escaped trom guayaquil and herd he is now living in brazil. I can't do nothing right now.

Given your interest in an English-speaking opportunity, the spelling and grammatical errors (above) are troubling.

cccmedia

Yeah brother. I had been to cuenca and quito before. One of my roommates is working in La Moderno a school in Sambarondon Guayaquil. Trying to get some help from him.

And the grammatical errors just because of my broken display. I was unable to type few words. Sorry for that