AFTER MANY HAPPY YEARS I AM GOING BACK TO ENGLAND

It saddens me to write this, I would like to say a big thank you to every normal hard working person in Ukraine. As I have stated before I have lived here as number of years and my wife and I are in our sixth year of marriage. I came here penniless from the U.K. and have a lovely home and lots of friends. But it has just become too difficult to live here anymore. The taxes are crippling, and the bribes to stay in business even worse. I have reached a time of life 51, where I expect customer service and politeness in shops and offices, rare in the U.K. non existent in Ukraine. I live in Crimea on the western coast nr. Evpatoriya.

Decent medical attention is hard to find and expensive if you do.

I am sick of the broken glass and plastic bags and bottles littering the beaches and streets in the villages and towns.

The constant I'm all right jack  F???? you attitude.

Tired of being stopped by the traffic police nearly every where we go.

Rising prices for no apparent reason.

The new regime worries me.

and so the list goes on.

On a recent trip back to the U.K. I felt as if I could breathe freely for the first time in a long time. I never used to feel that way, I have defended Ukraine many times in England and I do speak Russian and Ukrainian so do not feel alienated in any way.

I give English lessons for free to kids in the village, as the school teacher is self taught and has not got a clue. Every single one of my pupils wants to leave Ukraine when they finish education.

A lovely country spoiled by politicians, corruption and a general could not care less attitude. Most Ukrainians have no pride for their country otherwise they would treat it better.

I apologise for offending everyone but I am not alone in my feelings, fellow villagers I have spoken to feel the same.

Sorry to hear that.

I pray you land softly.

Wayne

hope you don`t go out the frying-pan in2 the fire when returning 2 blighty m8

myheart2ukraine wrote:

hope you don`t go out the frying-pan in2 the fire when returning 2 blighty m8

Could you enlighten me as to what exactly you mean.

I do not see how the U.K. could be described as a worse place to live than here.. Different, unsafe at night to walk in certain cities and towns. Expensive housing costs, but after housing costs pretty much everything else is cheaper in the U.k...

My wife and I have done both, and went back for 9 months to see if she liked it. We got a 2 year spouse visa and we came back home to to Ukraine after 9 months to compare. It is cheaper to live in the U.K. as far as food and clothes are concerned. The choice of restaurants or days out is far superior and the overall experience is better. We will not sell our house, we have decided to keep it as a summer home as we are on the beach. But it would be nice to visit other countries and be able to fly direct using a cheap airline.

As I stated these are only my opinions and I do not expect everyone to agree.

yep sure
try our students trashing london the other month and they our future
camara`s everywhere 2 checking you live in the kindergarten
mr copper/speed camara will hit you with $100 fine plus 3 points
paranio about children unable 2 play saftey outside alone
making plans for our really sick people 2 go back 2 work
the weather rain rain more bloody rain
i do not want my son fighting idiot wars but the US with bottom licking UK cannot wait for another war
yep great down in krim in the summer but not in the winter months
the list can be endless but good your renting out your house and keeping it for reserve n return!
best of luck again in cold rainy blighty
ps
nearly forgot 2 say our son bertie (2) will talk 2 everyone he meets here in ukraine.... this is banned in UK and is for all 2 see such is blighty life for our children

myheart2ukraine and watchthatman I agree with both of you.

Yes life in Ukraine is difficult and has lots of challenges that are difficult to accept or overcome unless you are born (lived long enough) there. Bribes, humiliations from authorities, poor medical help can make anybody mad. This can be multiplied if you are a foreigner.
However country is nice populated with great people. If you passionate enough or have good income and live in city. I would came back If could find job in my field.

On my last trip to Ukraine it amazed me how worse it became. Starting from Airport it does look like a third world country. I was really to close to Dominicana republic or something.
It does get worse every year.

People do understand it but authorities do not care.

Enjoy Ukraine if you can but to not give up your original passport.

PS: Every year I hear comments on Ukrainian/Russian forums that USA will fail. But I know it will never be worse that Ukraine. )))

myheart2ukraine

nearly forgot 2 say our son bertie (2) will talk 2 everyone he meets here in ukraine.... this is banned in UK and is for all 2 see such is blighty life for our children

Where does it say in the U.K. law that a 2 year old child cannot talk to anyone. My son manages to talk to people and have normal relationships in both countries. I was not aware that the U.K. used the dollar or maybe you pay a different fine to everyone else. I managed again to drive for thirty years in the U.K. and keep a clean licence, in Ukraine I am being stopped nearly every time I venture out.

Rain and more rain you say, but is it not the rain that gives us this green and pleasant land.

I admit the U.K. has issues, but weighing up both sides (and I write this while on a fact finding visit to my parents home in the cotswolds), it is generally easier to live and be comfortable in the U.K. than Crimea. I love Ukraine but after 8 years cannot live there any more and watch it sliding backwards.

If you dislike London so much, move to the country, or as you love Ukraine so much move there as I did and try it for yourself for 8 years.

Apologies again these are only my humble opinions and in no way intended to offend anybody..

myheart2ukraine, sorry did not read that you are in Ukraine, then your experience is different to mine, and I am sincerely glad for you, I love Ukraine it is just not for me when I see the way it is going.

Wish you the very best of luck.

Chris.