Moving to PR?

Thought  I was moving to PR. this Fall. However I'm having second thoughts due to the current crisis. Looking for insight. Should I wait to see the out come before relocating.

This crisis is not going to be over anytime soon. Think 10 years or more. Expect public services to get worse (they already are not as good as you're most likely used to, anyway).
Now, it all depends on what you're looking for. If you have an income and are not dependent on a job here and you have good reasons (for yourself) why you want to live here you could give it a try.
Do not buy a house, rent something until you know it's a good plan to stay.
Something else is do you have children that need a good school? If yes you would need either enough income to be able to pay for tuition on a private school or go for home schooling.
Next, we speak Spanish here on the island. You will find friendly Puertoricans who speak English all over the place but being able to communicate in Spanish will make things easier for you, especially  when you're dealing with formalities.
Do you know the island? If not, take at least a couple of weeks to come over and check things out. During that time do be the tourist, try to live as if you live here. You'll get an idea what you would encounter when you move.

Thank you

I agree with Gary, Puerto Rico is not for everyone specially if you have to depend on a local job. The advice about not purchasing I would follow and just rent until you know that PR is for you.

The central government and the municipalities are on a tight purse string, so some services will be cut or they will end up charging for them. Expect higher tolls, having to pay for trash pickup, longer lines at the DMV and other government agencies.

If you have a US job and work remotely or you are retired, then none of the above are going to be a big deal now or for the next 10 years unless you have a very tight financial situation as the cost of living will go up and you may or may not have the extra income to deal with it.

PR is close to a paradise, but it is not perfect. Moving in or not is a very personal decision and there are many factors that can make the decision easier or harder.

We are here to help you with information, ask away.
Rey

Dead on Rey and Gary!

Read the forums and come for a visit. Then decide if PR is right for you. We are here to orient you the best we can.

I do agree with the fellow colleagues. Try it out for a year then decide if this is the right choice. Puerto Rico is a Paradise in all the second of the word but without a job is just a dream.