I want to learn Tagalog

Hello, I am Jay from Cambridge, UK. I am looking for someone who's based in Cambridge UK and teach me Tagalog. My fiance is Filipina and I would like to surprise her by learning to speak, even if it is a little bit in the beginning. She is coming to the UK soon.

Would like somebody that could teach you online?

just download an English Tagalog phrasebook.

also watch some videos on youtube.

or google: "Tagalog tutor by Skype"

learning a few phrases takes an hour

learning Tagalog takes at least 1.5 years to get to reasonable fluency - studying a couple of hours a day.

do note that there is a difference between

1) learning a few phrases in Tagalog
2) learning Tagalog

a big difference.

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I am looking for a one to one coaching.

Cheers

Then, please google:

Tagalog Teacher Skype

Hey !
I'm working for a student association based on one to one language exchange (not advertising anything as it's totally free)

Currently we have really many Filipinos offering tagalog, so I thought it might be interesting for some people planning to move there or just to learn it.
Check "Knowledge X" on Fb

There is a school in Mindoro that teaches tagalog to foreigners

I'm in Cambridge:(

Hi

I'm in Cambridge UK.

Do you know anyone here ?

How soon is your fiance coming? Learning Tagalog to surprise your fiance is a sweet gesture. But Tagalog is not an easy language to learn. For one, syntax is different from English. "I would like to learn Tagalog" is "Gusto kong matuto mag-Tagalog." which reads like: "Like I to learn  to Tagalog." Or "Do you know anyone here?" is May kakilala ka ba dito?" which reads like "Any acquaintance you do here?" It takes time, a good teacher, and lots of practice to learn Tagalog.

Try to search google for Tagalog lessons in UK near Cambridge to find a Tagalog language coach. For the meantime, you might want to improve your Tagalog vocabulary. Here's a link to a site created by a Filipino mom to help other moms with their kids' Filipino lessons. https://samutsamot.com/category/filipino-lessons/

The worksheets look preschool-ish, but visuals do help in remembering words better than just using a dictionary. And the words are categorized, i.e. numbers, colors, parts of the body, etc.

HI guys

You might find this helpful. You can find a tagalog teacher here. I hired a great lady for 100 peso per hour.

She was a former BPO worker and is currently teaching me Tagalog right now for 2 hours a day through video calls.

https://www.virtualstaff.ph/jobseeker/13858/

Not this exact person, but you can choose from thousands of really talented and educated Filipino's.

I just posted a job and had people apply.