How to make friends in Yaound�

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Yaoundé :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Yaoundé??

Thanks in advance for your participation

to make friends for an expat in yaoundé is not something to be slightly taken.Almost all cameroonians, due to poverty are expecting more than frienship. that's why it's a bit difficult to meet up with the good and right person. So it's preferable for an expat to think twice, to be opened with a little brake.

Very good Ka 29. The message is simple indeed. However I was wondering if you could be true in the establishment of a friendship. In this case I would be interested to continue this exchange with you.
See you soon.
Saintdenisophie

ka29 and saintdenisophie, you are wrong to think that evreybody is like that. You know it is not because of poverty that somebody are like you describe, but just because of their mentality. And please, don't think because we are African, we are poor.

Hey, all of u guys are right there in one wa or the  other depending on context. ka29 believe me we have  brook people all over the world same as people with twisted ideas. and moreover true friendship is not made in a day. To my opionion; if u want to be friends with rich guys freauent the 1st class milieus and with the average class as well as the very brook onse. Just be u are u'll obviously come accross friends in Yaounde for believe it is a very hospiital city.

I feel that we mix everything(richard003 and marlysey), content and container. lol. And I especially believe that reading levels are very shallow ... But it is quite possible that my English is bad too ...

What I understood from K29 is that he would like to make friends in Y'de but it is difficult to discern who wants true friendship or money/ticket to the West. K29 will need to learn how to do this whether in Cameroon or anywhere else. Friendship is give and take.

hello it is just to say that i m glad to have bein registed here may be one day we gonne see and make a little meeting about job

Hello |Everyone|,

My view point on this matter is, it just depends on how each individual (traveler or expat) takes the country & its environment their in. I was born in Cameroon, but when I first went to India I had a different mentality on the population. Why? Because, I never knew their language, first thing. Second thing, I was almost always the center of attraction since I never resembled any of the citizens. And to the least, they would think I was a tourist, so that's when trying to take advantage comes in.

In other words, it all comes around the mentality of the people's way of doing things in a certain, at a particular given time. So, if I solved any misunderstanding, it's okay - happens at times. Let's just be friends and explore the world together, with happy minds and clean thoughts.

|Have A Nice Everyone|.

Thank you dolly for tha contribution.It all depends on the mind.

In English please Madiana2012!;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.

Hi all
Find cameroonians to be very friendly nd warm hearted,never the less most of the ones ive met are abit conny..is this true or is it just down here in Nairobi?

anyway i like africans, but me too im a good friend you know

Lol so funny

if you want to meet friend  just do like everyone does
Hang out with your coleagues
Go out for a drink a pic nic dancing
Use expat to meet non expat there are a lot here

It always amazed me How  a simple question like that always turns in money issues or poverty or whatever specially in africa
I've been to some country where people are very poor more than in africa like in bresil or india
it never accure to me to choose if they have money before becoming friends with

how many friends did you make since ?

hi, it is so easy you just need to be open-mainded to the culture and most of all be yourself.see you already have a friend ..97567199 call

That is very correct. Be wise.

I guess you have had quite and ordeal with Cameroonians. I am srry on their behalf.

[moderated: off topic + pls write in English here]

Friendship in foreign countries start with your Work/School Mate, fellow Country Men/Women, Your Country Embassy, with those people around you will get to know more things and more people

It is simple to make friend in Yaoundé. First of all, you need the contact of the person, it can happen during the stroll, the shopping, the sport and so on.
The new visitor must paid attention because of the thieves and those who can dump him. Be wise, paid a particular attention, be ware.
As soon as you succeed to have a contact, it's the final step. The frienship may grow up easily.

Hi everyone, just because we are Africans especially Cameroonians, does not mean that we expect more than friendship before accepting a friend. Why should anyone think that way in first place? By the way, i do believe in friendship because you might come aross a friend and have no regrets.

fais le, seriously just do it if you ask it means that you are not ready for it just be yourself without any pretention and you will see everything gonna be easy

My dear, I need friend, I have used to make penfriend in the past, it was never a question of poverty. It had been the famous period of my life to have best friend worldwide. Let just trying. Perhaps !
Have a nice day.