Autonomo - Salary calculation

Hi everyone,

I've recently been offered a job opportunity as autonomo in Spain.

I'd like to review if my salary calculation is correct, the job is in sales, so this is basis salary without commissions.

I am 27 years old, single, no kids. Except phone and internet, there are very few expenses I can deduct. I will rent a studio for 400€ and plan on deducting some of it from my income as I will work from home from time to time.

Could you please review the following calculation and see if it is correct?

Gross + IVA    € 1,815.00
Gross (monthly)      € 1,500.00
Retention 7%    € 105.00
After retention    € 1,395.00
Social Security (80% reduction first 6 months)    € 53.00
Net monthly salary    € 1,342.00

Quartely income tax
Quartely retention (3x105€)    € 315.00
Quartely net income tax 20% of (3x1342)    € 805.20
Remaining income tax to pay per quarter (tax - retention)    € 490.20
Disposable monthly income    € 1,178.60

Sorry, I worked as a Autonomo many years ago, nowadays is completely different. Just be careful , you have no rights to unemployment,etc. and other things. It does not matter what they say. If things go other way you are left high and dry. Regards Carlos.

Bugger wrote:

Sorry, I worked as a Autonomo many years ago, nowadays is completely different. Just be careful , you have no rights to unemployment,etc. and other things. It does not matter what they say. If things go other way you are left high and dry. Regards Carlos.

Hi Carlos and thanks for the reply.

I am aware that there are no rights to unemployment and benefits. I just wish to get my calculation reviewed as to acertain what the salary will be.

Since you've worked as autonomo, could you please tell me if my calculation is correct? Or did I miss something?

Regards,

My pleasure if can be of assistance. If  I missed there is still the monthly payments for autonomo, count on +/- nearly 300e monthly.   Regards Carlos.

Bugger wrote:

My pleasure if can be of assistance. If  I missed there is still the monthly payments for autonomo, count on +/- nearly 300e monthly.   Regards Carlos.

Hi again and thanks for the reply.

I think the 300e you refer to are the monthly social security payments.

The Spanish government has recently introduced a deduction on social security payments for new starters, it is as follows:

80% deduction for the first 6 months, so 80% on 270e monthly payments = 54E
50% deduction for the next 6 months, so 50% on 270e monthly payments = 135E
30% deduction for the next 18 months, so 30% on 270e monthly payments = 189E

Conditions for being a new starter are:
* Not having been autonomo in the past 5 years
* Being under 30

I fulfill these conditions, hence why social security payment was marked as 54e in my calculation.

Anyone else to review it? I don't wanna risk getting a bad surprise :D

I think everyone is avoiding committing themselves. I don't want to either.

I was an autonomo for a while as a way of saving my employer some social security payments. The maths looks about right to me in a general sense but I'm not so sure about the retention and income tax figures.

I seem to remember that the gestor told me to reckon on about 9% of the gross as income tax so I'm not so sure about subtracting both the retention and then the income tax as well. Even if you are right  I think that you may find that the tax level actually drops a little below the 20% mark because of the various allowances.

On top of that, of course, any gestor is going to claim allowances for the air you breath, the printer cartridges you use, the electric bill, the gas guzzling car that you drive etc, etc so, again guessing and not knowing, I think you may be being a tad pessimistic.

On the other hand you haven't added in any accounting charges and you will almost certainly have those.

Just about the reduced social security payments I was sent to sign on as unemployed by the gestor. I know someone else who had to do the same thing when they worked part time as an autonomo but really employed by an estate agent. Also, in my case, the SS payments were actually higher because I am much, much older than you. You may find that the scheme doesn't quite work as advertised but, again, I don't think it will be any huge change if there is a change.

Just to say again. I don't really know.