Need Help: Job Offer in Sudan, Average Cost of Living?

Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum. I have recently received a job offer from Sudan in Khartoum City. The company has offered me the following terms.

1. Salary will be 2,750 USD (to be directly remitted to my bank account in home country). Certain portion will be paid in SDG Cash for meeting local expenses.
2. Family Visa
3. Company will provide furnished accommodation.
4.  50% school fees (upto 25,000 SDG per annum per child) will be paid by the company for max two children.
5. Four weeks leave and two air tickets per year to home country.
6. Pick and Drop from home to work.

Now I need you help. Please let me know, if accommodation is paid for by the company, how much will be my monthly expense in SDG considering I will move with my family (wife and two children under 4 yrs of age). Is this a good salary offer? How much will I need to keep in local currency for meet monthly expenses?

I'll be truly grateful to respected members if they could furnish an early reply as I have to inform the company about my decision in 3-4 days.

Thanks & Regards,

Sami.

Life expenses and goid schools in Sudan are very expensive. This will kit guarantee you a decent life unless you are desperate..go alone and decide before taking your family.  Don't take it.

Hi Respected Members,

I have been able to negotiate a better deal with the company, now they are offering 4,000 USD with family accommodation. What do you say, is it worth it now?

Also, I'll be grateful if anyone could give me an idea as to what would be monthly living expense in local currency (Sudanese Pounds) for a family of four (2 kids, less than 4 years of age). Your reply can help me make the right choice. Thank you.

That's much better. Take it. Decent life can be lived by this....In addition to school fees left. When you go there, try to ask for a driver and a car in the afternoon.

Make sure they give you the amount in SDG with what is offered by the black market (18:50) for one $ not based on the bank (6:50) for one $. That's tricky of them.

If you need consultancy you can pm me. I am not in Sudan, though.

Thanks for helping. Really appreciate the sentiment.