Refused entry

hi, refused to entry last year and IO mentioned that i need to write a letter to ICA.what should be the content of the email and is there any documents that i needed to provide? also how long will it take for ICA to reply?

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=616212

Good Day Everyone!!!

I need an advise whether I returned to SG now or wait for my pass approval

I already work before in SG year 2016 work ended and after a year I decided to comeback again last NOV 2017 to find job. My initial entry is 30 days visit visa and I was able to extend another 60 days as my brother is a PR. I tried to find job during that time, it was really hard to find job and also holiday season luckily i was able to found last JAN2018. My employer applied the pass last 22jan18 as indicated in Acknowledgement of online application that processing time is 3 weeks. Last 30jan18 I exited and currently here in batam for  7 days. I was thinking of returning to SG  but I am in doubt please I need your advise. My concern is will the officer allow me to enter to SG?, also when I check online my pass application, I wasn't able to view it or no new Pass Application / Pending status under my name, but i have the copy of online application that has given to me by my employer.

My reason if I return now are

I have pending pass application which im waiting for approval within this week.
My brother is a PR he can sponsor my stay.
I have return ticket back home.

My what if is... when i wait for the approval and it turn out rejected the Immigration officer will question me why will I returning to SG again i been there for 90 days already.

Hope to hear from you all you soon... Thank you in advance.

You are questioning and you are answering yourself. I understand that initially you were here and extended your stay time to another 30 days to find a job. Now, you found a job then the best option was go back home and wait for the outcome of your pass application but instead of doing that you went Batam (the main reason to go there was, to returning back to Singapore). Now a days, ICA is strict and may ask unnecessary questions at the immigration check point, though you have a brother who is a PR but there is no justification for you to visit so many times as ICA can easily find out the real motive (to find a job here). I'm surprised to know that your brother is a PR but how come he didn't give you correct advice here. You should have asked this question here, before planning to go to Batam. Anyway now, no choice for you other than returning Singapore. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

You are questioning and you are answering yourself. I understand that initially you were here and extended your stay time to another 30 days to find a job. Now, you found a job then the best option was go back home and wait for the outcome of your pass application but instead of doing that you went Batam (the main reason to go there was, to returning back to Singapore). Now a days, ICA is strict and may ask unnecessary questions at the immigration check point, though you have a brother who is a PR but there is no justification for you to visit so many times as ICA can easily find out the real motive (to find a job here). I'm surprised to know that your brother is a PR but how come he didn't give you correct advice here. You should have asked this question here, before planning to go to Batam. Anyway now, no choice for you other than returning Singapore. Good luck

--------

Thank you for the reply. I weight all the pros and cons and the best is to exit Batam than going back to my country . The thing now is, will I wait for the approval; approve or reject before returning or I return now to SG that I have a pending status. 

Also I check online, there's no pass application under my name. the proof I have is the Acknowledgment Copy of online submission of my pass application. The Acknowledgement copy that I have indicate the Application #, Date of Application the Pass Type and the amount that has been paid.

I am really confuse right now.

I see it slightly different from Surya:
Since you have a job offer, wor pass application and PR brother (show them proof of all this!), there is little chance that you will do illegal things. Therefore you have a fair chance to be admitted into the ountry.
They might not give you the full 30 days, but you can then go to ICA and argue to have it extended until your work pass application is decided on.
And in the worst case (i.e. if they don't let you in), you just return to Batam. Nothing gained, nothing lost (other than a ferry ticket).

I didn't say that immigration people refuse your entry, what I am trying to say is that don't create unnecessary trouble for you or create a negative impact at ICA.

You have brother here, who is PR, so practically it should not create any issue at ICA but visiting number of times in a short span, could bring unwanted questions (they may ask, which you never know). Definitely parents can visit as many times as they want. So, try this time but suggest avoid in future. Now a days, getting work pass approval is taking much longer time and getting tougher day by day. Good luck

Note: Ask your brother to check your pass status using SingPass, or else if you know FIN number then you too can check online.

Hi. I am traveling to Singapore in like a months time.. I am gng for a 3 days holiday with my wife and kid. I'm a Kenyan. Will I have issues to face at the border from Malaysia to Singapore. Please assist. My email is ***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

First and foremost, it is important in Singapore to know and follow the rules.
You have shown that you are not good at this, by mentioning personal contact details (email address) in your post above, which violates the forum rules (that you agreed on when registering for the forum). This will be removed by the moderators.

My sincere apologies for that. I will make sure not to include it anytime. I think I was just too worried regarding the post I was reading aboit the challenges faced at the border. I think it slipped of my mind there.

Please if you could assist me with any information which can guide me thanx

The immigration officer can of course deny you entry for any reason (as on all borders worldwide), but unless you have a bad record in Singapore or are carrying illegal items, they rarely do.
In case they ask, you should be able to show a ticket to leave the country and a hotel booking.
As far as I know, Kenyans get 30 or 15 days tourist visa on arrival. Please confirm this with the embassy!

Thanking you very very much....

Thnx

Hi surya
I got refused yesterday when I enter Sg. Actually I was enter 3 times before it was fine. As I am have a record that I was work in singapore before in past 9 years and I didn't mention in embarkration card. The ICA refused me and send me back to Bali, Indonesia. So I need to apply letter to ICA and wait their approval.
Do you think I need Singaporean friend to help to to wrait the sponsor letter or I can do my self as I will visit again on 27th of March.  Thank you
Regards

Mazudha ☺

It will be always better if a citizen sponsor your visit. Wait till ICA confirms your clearance before you visit again. Next time indicate correct information cause ICA has all your history, so writing incorrect information will put you in trouble. Good luck

Thank you surya for your advices.  Hopefully ICA approve my letter.

What are the vaccination they check for or require to enter Singapore and Malaysia. Thanx in advance

I don't know of any.

please visit below govt website for the details including people visit from African countries:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinatio … /singapore

Hi, i would love to know the answer too. Highly appreciated.

McKaela wrote:

Hi, i would love to know the answer too. Highly appreciated.

The questions raised on this thread were all answered above.
What do you still need?

McKaela: Please post your query here before you expect someone to respond. I would reiterate again to all the members please avoid sending private messages. Our main intention is to convey all the discussions in the threads which can reach at maximum members, where new members can get information and old members can share their experiences. But if you send private message, it will reach at your end only and won't help others who might have similar query. Same time, you may miss out to know some real experiences from our existing members. Please post your detailed query before we could advise. Thanks

Hi, we are Malaysian. my husband have been prohibited entering Singapore for a year from 2008. He re-enter Singapore on 2011 but was refused. we are planning to visit Singapore for holiday not for work. what he need to apply before trying to enter Singapore?

Thank You So Much

Please check with ICA if the ban is still exist or lifted? Before you and your husband visit, it's always better to confirm with ICA. I can't comment further as you didn't mention what was the reason for refusal. Good luck

His urine test not pass

Why do u need urine test????strange

His look too gangster.. lol... he used to worked as hairdresser in Singapore. After he been prohibited from entering he quit the job and went back to KL. Now we're looking forward to holiday in Singapore and meet some relatives but we scared he will be sending back again.

His ex-employer didn't send him any letter

So, he had a work pass and that was cancelled, followed by him not admitted into Singapore any more?
In that case there is definitely a ban on him at ICA. As we said, he should contact ICA, ask about it and try to clear the matter (if possible). Don"t travel without ICA clearance, as he will certainly not be admitted.
Urine test sounds like they suspected him of drug use. What was the result of the test?

Paracetamol over limit

That is certainly not a crime (althoughquite unadvisable - Paracetamol can cause liver damage.
But I wonder if you are telling us the whole story: The officers don't ask for urine check without reason - and you won't get banned for taking over-the-counter medication!

Thank you beppi. Myself wasn't sure if it was the true story.

Hi,
Anyone here successfully enter Singapore again after the refusal of entry?. I was refused to enter September 2016 and its been more than a year. I had a brother  now there holding e-pass and my girlfriend holding s-pass. I'm planning to go there  again this coming April.

As we have said many times that please check with ICA to get a clearance, before you visit SG again. Your brother is staying here, so if he is sponsoring you then chances are very much likely that you will get through. You didn't tell us what was the reason ICA didn't allow you to enter in 2016?

my first visit was feb 2016 when i visited my gf...i maximized my  30 days but before it ends i went to batam indonesia.., and get  another 30 days...in total i stayed there 2 months..honestly i went there to apply for work but unfortunately i didnt land to any job and went home to Philippines. My next visit was that September 2016 and thats the time i was refused to enter SG asking why i stayed 2 months there. But now as i told you my brothers is now working there plus my girlfriend and im also working here in Qatar..i just want to spend my vacation there.

Since you stayed much longer than the average visitor (3.5 days) without giving a good reason - and left the country for a short time to get another 30 days (a BIG No-No in Singapore - you should have extended your visa at ICA!), they suspected you of illegal activities.
As Surya advised: Seek clearance from ICA first.

I'm planning to send an email to ICA before i go again as i cant file an entry visa since it needs local sponsor.My only relatives there working was my brother holding e-pass.. I will attach my return ticket Sg-Phl and also my return ticket here Phl-Qatar. I will also attach my valid id here as a proof that im working here in Qatar.
Hope it will work, Thank you for the replies.

Ask your brother to write a sponsorship letter then include that letter with other documents. Don't mention that you have gf here so that you want to visit rather tell that you want to meet your brother and spend good time with him before you return to Qatar where you work currently (show as proof if in case they ask). Good luck

Hi Surya2k,

This sponsorship letter is the same like requesting entry visa that needs local?Or my brother can send simply an email to ICA with all my documents attach?..You think it its not good to mention about my GF,,actually shes my fiancee,,..Thank you

Hi!
I Applied for an extension of 30days for our (my baby and I) stay here in Singapore through eXtend but was denied. My daughter's father is working here with an epass. My question is, can we go to ICA and appeal for the extension?

Thank you.