Close

Starting working in Seoul - Sept 2017

Hi everyone! 

I am from Sweden and will most probably start working at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) in September this year.

I am from Sweden and have a background as a university teacher and researcher in political science at Uppsala University, Sweden. My research focus for the last 15-20 years has been Chinese politics and I speak fluent Chinese. I like meeting new people, travelling, Asian food and photography. Hope to get to know some of you when I arrive in Seoul. / Take care! Mattias

Hello Mattias,

Wishing you a good transition to Seoul.  I moved here early this year from France, originally from the United States.

Best,

Blanca

Hello Blanka,

Nice to hear from you. I am completely new to using Expat.com, so it was nice to get an early response. So thank you! :)  I am still waiting for the results of my recruitment decision - so I will soon know when I will start working. My best guess is in the beginning of September. I hope that you are liking your new life in Seoul.

Best wishes,

Mattias

Hello again,

I hope that you are doing fine in Seoul. I finally got my employment contract and now applying for long-term visa in South Korea. I will arrive in Seoul in the end of August and start working 1 September. If you are still there and have time for a meeting over coffee or lunch it would be nice.

Best wishes, Mattias

Expatriate health insurance in South Korea

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in South Korea

Moving to South Korea

Find tips from professionals about moving to South Korea

Travel insurance in South Korea

Enjoy stress-free travel to South Korea