Close

MMR vaccine

I seem to be having a few problems finding a hospital or clinic with any stocks of the MMR vaccine.
I would prefer Bintaro or BSD but travel isn't that big a deal if anyone knows of anywhere closer.

You could try ypk mandiri in Menteng
My son had his jab there. But they are closed Sundays for doctors surgery

Called them as soon as I saw your post but they haven't had any stock for about a year.
Looks like I'll have to try to find a hospital that buys stocks from abroad but the many I've tried don't do that at the moment.

I suspect there's a lot more to this that meets the eye.

It might depend on the advice they recieve from their overseas advisors. The MMR is controversial for some so perhaps Indonesia is not sure what to do. I hope you can find it

It seems imports were officially frowned upon a year or so back in favour of local production but the hospitals tell me the factory has no stocks and haven't had for about a year.
Same story at every place.

This is clearly a large problem in Indonesia and one that's reasonably likely to create a very serious issue or millions if an epidemic starts, and one will if this isn't sorted out quickly.
Without putting too fine a point on this, whoever is responsible for this almighty mess is very likely to be just as responsible for a lot of pain and suffering in the coming years.
As far as I can tell, there isn't a single shot available anywhere in this country.

Found a place that brings it in from Singapore.
PM for Jakarta address.
Bonus. They speak English.

Sometimes I hate being right

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2017 … lages.html

A measles outbreak has spread to two groups of the Orang Rimba tribe in Sarolangun regency, Jambi, who have been out of reach of the national vaccination program.

What national vaccination program? The stuff is close to impossible to get.

https://en.tempo.co/read/news/2017/08/0 … la-by-2020

Someone is starting to get their act together but no mumps yet.

Hi,
Would you be able to tell me where you found the mmr vaccine? I was planning to take my son to singapore for his 2nd injection, the first he had in Australia. I also have had the same responses as you from the major hospitals in my area of jakarta.

Thanks, lauren

klinikvaksinasi.com

021-4220214 or 021-4248790

Monday - Friday 08.30 am - 8 pm
Sat 8 - 12 am

on appoinment schedule

In Harmony Vaccination :

klinikvaksinasi.com

021-4220214 or 021-4248790

Monday - Friday 08.30 am - 8 pm
Sat 8 - 12 am

on appoinment schedule

I wasn't going to publish your details, just pass them by private message but I can confirm this small clinic does have the vaccines in stock and the doctors speak English.
I used their services for my son's jabs and feel able to recommend them. My boy will return to complete his course as appropriate.

Expatriate health insurance in Indonesia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Indonesia

Moving to Indonesia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Indonesia

Travel insurance in Indonesia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Indonesia