How to make friends in Canterbury

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Canterbury :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Canterbury??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Take an interest in rugby and beer, you'll make friends for life.

Thanks for the share kiwiinkorea :)

Armand

kiwiinkorea wrote:

Take an interest in rugby and beer, you'll make friends for life.

Haha!! does this apply to us women too?

Honestly, there is much more to life in New Zealand. As for Canterbury there have been a few thousand earthquakes there over the last year and rugby may be a bit of a sore subject after Canterbury lost all their world cup matches without any compensation.

I should think that a good way to meet people is to put yourself out there and volunteer to help the less fortunate.

Google Christchurch volunteer and you'll find loads of links.

I agree there is much more to life than what I said before. I lived in Christchurch for 10 years and yes whilst there is the issue of earthquakes etc, rugby and beer are a way of life for many of the locals. Both men and women.
That aside the best thing to do is get interested in the available activities in Canterbury. The outdoors is only a short drive away, the skiing is fanatsatic as well as the surf, not to mention just the scenery. There are heaps of things to do in Canterbury as far as your imagination can stretch.