Close

Canadian Dental Hygienist looking to work in Barbados

Hi,

I'm a Registered Dental Hygienist from Ontario, Canada looking to see if it's possible to work in Barbados as a hygienist.  I don't know what steps are required to move there and find out how to become registered.  I come from a non-accredited school and don't know if I would qualify to work there or not.  I also have two children that would come along with me and need to know about schooling as well.  Can anyone lead me to where to start?

Hello, you're in luck  -  it is legendary that the two professions that tend to hzve no problems getting work permits here are quantity surveyors and dental hygeinists.

Not an expert on the latter, but I would think getting a copy of the dental practices on the island and writing speculative letters would yield a positive outcome.

There is the tvetcouncil - they approve vocational qualifications used on the isls0and, so if you have doubts on your qualifications checking with them eould likely be a good first stop.

On schools, once you are working and a tax payer the excellent education system here would be open to your children

Thanks so much! I will definitely be looking into tevet council. Hopefully it's not as hard as I think it would be.

tvetcouncil - they are the ones who determine if an overseas qualification is good fir use here.

Goodluck

Expatriate health insurance in Barbados

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Barbados

Moving to Barbados

Find tips from professionals about moving to Barbados

Travel insurance in Barbados

Enjoy stress-free travel to Barbados