About Al Ain for nurses

Hi to every body!

I'm a Registered Nurse, lookin to know more about Al Ain for nurses. My husband is teaching there, We like to follow him, so please if you guys know how nursing is over there,shifts, salary,it easy or difficult to find a position? I am a Recovery Nurse.
Thanks for your help.

Hi Yelena44,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

Your topic has been redirected as a new thread on the Al Ain forum.

Wish you good luck and hope other members will be able to advice you.
Christine

Thanks Christine
I will be in Al Ain by March 28 , jus visiting for now:), so any information about Nursing, will help.
Thanks
Yelena

Hi Yelena. This might be a late reply. Better than late than never, that is what they say after all :)
I am pediatric intensive care unit nurse in one of local hospitals here in Al Ain. As of the now, its kinda difficult to find a position since they are requiring a HAAD (Health Authority-Abu Dhabi)license. You can check out www.haad.ae for the requirements but since you are from USA, I think you are exempted in writing the licensure exam.

As for the required shift, we do work in a 12-hour shift, from 7 am to 7pm. I think Al Ain Hospital and Tawam Hospital follow the same working hours since both of these hospitals are owned by SEHA (Abu Health Services Company). In a month, nurses work 14 or 15 shifts depending on the month. For months with 31 days, 15 shifts are required and for the months with 30 days, 14 shifts are required.

I started working here in May 2005 and I have seen and experienced such tremendous changes in the UAE's health care system.Some are okay but there are ridiculous.

Salary wise, it is okay. It can sustain your needs and even wants. Salary is always commensurate to your years of experience as well as your speciality. Aside from the basic salary, there are allowances like transpo, education allowance for the children (up to 2 kids only), water and electricity allowance and housing entitlement.

There are a lot of American expats here and I guess they are loving it since it's tax-free.

Feel free to ask me if you have questions. Will check out this thread from time to time.