Close

Entering Brazil pregnant; is customs suspicious about this?

Hi all,

I am considering giving birth in Brazil for immigration purposes.
Now this seems to be a pretty popular move to make.
I would be entering Brazil over land (coming from Argentina, Uruguay or Bolivia) and will then be 36 weeks pregnant.
Is customs strict or suspicious about pregnant women entering the country?? I have a Dutch pasport.

Thanks for your help in advance!

So far Brazil immigrations has not started being strict about pregnant women entering the country.

Specially considering the fact that you will be receiving a visa on arrival I don't foresee any issues happening.

However some of the Brazilian embassies around the world are now making it compulsory for women to give a blood test prior to processing there visa application in order to ensure that the visa is not given to anyone who has the intent of delivering there baby in Brazil and to take advantage of the Brazilian laws.

Good luck and do keep us posted on what happens.

Many do it. I doubt there will be problems.

Jim

Thank you for your responses! That sounds promising ;)

My wife came to Brazil in week 36 as well ,, we arrived in Rio without any issue

Thanks Bob!

Can you please let us know how everything works out in the end... thank you

simply no issue. whether it is by air or land. what i believe entering by land is much easier then by air because by land specially by Paraguay, no one ask you anything. You can find video on youtube, how people enter in brazil from frindship bridge between Paraguay and Brazil. How easy it is.

Even getting residency is not a big deal. Get your document done from your home country before entering so that you dont find any difficulty apply for  residency in Brazil.

Best of Luck,

[link moderated]! You shouldn't have any problems... the only problems I have ever encountered are with people having their visas denied at the Brazilian embassy in their home country.

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil

Moving to Brazil

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brazil

Travel insurance in Brazil

Enjoy stress-free travel to Brazil

Flights to Brazil

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Brazil