Visa info please

We are new to Hoi an on a multi entry  3 month visa Australian Citizens, we plan to spend maybe 1 to 2 years here so want to get the ball rolling so we see what we need to do your the 3months is up my  husband a retiree. If anybody could let us no the simplest way to renew the visa after 3 months , if or not it is best to fly out the country and back in.....the border runs sound confusing .
Greatly appreciate any info on this.
Thanks in advance.

Hi there, I haven't tried any other way besides border run with my partner to Moc Bai a month ago. It's much cheaper than other methods I guess. It costs him around 85 USD including all the documents, visa & transport, just has lots of hassle but you can get everything done in half a day. I can message you the details if it is still helpful for you :)

you go to the embassy and request an extension.  Honestly just bribe the officials in vietnam with $500 USD and you'll get whatever you want.  I go there every year for the past 4 years.

Before you throw such bold statements around, you might want to include a little more verifiable detail.

greglavalleye wrote:

you go to the embassy and request an extension.  Honestly just bribe the officials in vietnam with $500 USD and you'll get whatever you want.  I go there every year for the past 4 years.

What Embassy are you referring to?  Your own embassy in Hanoi?  They certainly are not passing out Vietnamese visas.  Do you mean the VN Embassies in Vientiane or Phnom Penh?   Where should the OP go to drop $500 instead of the modest cost of $85 for an apparently legitimate or at least acceptable border run?  Last I looked 4 X$ 85 was less than $500 not counting the added cost of going all the way to the capital.

Greglavalleye created a topic just 3 days ago with this cry for help:  "I will be in Saigon June 21 and looking for a job!  Can someone please help me with getting a job I would be grateful and pay if needed.  Please let me know!  I am from USA."

Would that plea sound as it came from someone who has been to Vietnam every year for the past 4 years, someone who didn't think twice of going to the Embassy to request the extension and bribing the officials with $500 to get whatever he wanted?

@ the OP -- There are many knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum, as well as several trolls who throw out misinformation to satisfy their inane sense of fun. Just use common sense and I'm sure you wouldn't have any problem separating the wheat from the chaff.

To the OP's HazenGregg:  I took note of the fact that Ms Caroline_Le seems very sincere with her advice.  I also noticed tha despite being new to the forum, she did not violate the terms by giving out her personal info but offered to look for and answer your private message.

Additionally she mentions a partner, who based on her own travel flags, may be from Singapore or NZ.  In addition to finding an answer to your immediate questions, your meeting could lead to a friendship with another Expat couple.  Good luck to you.

I have one idea, why do not you go to Vietnam to send a letter of invitation for one year visa in Vietnam, then go through Cambodian border and back, to get long-term visa in vietnam I know the price fluctuations From $ 400 to $ 480

@THIGV Thank you for your kind words. I recently moved back to my hometown after 9 years of living abroad, so lots of things seem aliens to me and I'm looking for new friends myself. To OP @HazenGregg you can try out this guide that I used thenewtravelblog.com/moc-bai-border-run-visa-extension-saigon/  , message me if you need any verification.

greglavalleye wrote:

Bad information and totally wrong.

If you still need a visa and in Hoi An,  Go to a visa consulant in Danang ( I can give you the details). They can provide you a 1 year business visa for usd 320, but have to leave VN and back at international airport ( Danang). On arrival you pay usd 135. So totally usd 455 and you have a 1 year multiple business visa

try a company called Canviet travel they can organize 1 year multi visa, I have used this company for a long time and had a great service, Ms Nu ***. regards andy

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Pamellavang wrote:

It is hard to get a visa to come to the USA

This seems an odd question from someone whose bio says that she is a US citizen.  Are you asking for someone else?  A lot hinges on what type of visa.  Are they a student, a business associate, a prospective spouse?  There are different routes and degrees of difficulty for each.

THIGV wrote:
Pamellavang wrote:

It is hard to get a visa to come to the USA

This seems an odd question from someone whose bio says that she is a US citizen.  Are you asking for someone else?  A lot hinges on what type of visa.  Are they a student, a business associate, a prospective spouse?  There are different routes and degrees of difficulty for each.

Look at her profile and read her other post. Her husband(must be her ex) wants to get a girl from Ha Tien into the US.

colinoscapee wrote:

Look at her profile and read her other post. Her husband(must be her ex) wants to get a girl from Ha Tien into the US.

I missed that one but I did figure she was some kind of a shill and just wanted to see if I could draw her out.  I figure if she doesn't respond she's a fake.

Her other post was very strange. I had to sit on my hands else I would have written something that I may regret later. She also said she lives in the States while her bio says she lives in "Laos, United Arab Emirates."

Hi Caroline Ray here.  Am getting ready to do the moc Bai run from hcm . Want to extend my visa for a further 3 months .i thought I just needed passport, photos, and US dollars.  But a lot of web sites say I will also need a letter of approval .is this letter a scam?  I'm confused.    I'd appreciate any info about this letter. Regards. Ray.

You cant just go to Moc Bai and get an extension. You need the letter as listed on those sites.

Raymond perri wrote:

Hi Caroline Ray here.  Am getting ready to do the moc Bai run from hcm . Want to extend my visa for a further 3 months .i thought I just needed passport, photos, and US dollars.  But a lot of web sites say I will also need a letter of approval .is this letter a scam?  I'm confused.    I'd appreciate any info about this letter. Regards. Ray.

The Customs there they can do , to easy but more money for you if do not have Invitation letter men  :)

jimmytravel wrote:
Raymond perri wrote:

The Customs there they can do , to easy but more money for you if do not have Invitation letter men  :)

Interesting, I didn't think that you could extend a visa at Moc Bai by just turning up there. You learn something every day.

Very Interesting.😀   I was always of the belief that you needed the letter of vIsa approval , together with the application form & photo prior to arriving at the counter . 

Raymond......think about it.     You arrive at that shitty border WITHOUT the letter of approval.  You don't get to the window until you EXIT Vietnam,, your in Cambodia , then exit Cambodia into "nowhereville" still with NO approval to renter Vietnam.  😬

THEN?..you have to rely on those "nice" little guys in the green outfits to ALLOW you to apply for a letter.   They've got you over a barrel.   Christ knows what they'll tell you ....problem with this, problem with that etc etc .....coffee money baby.     If you don't pay them enough you'll have to rent a hammock and camp at the border overnight.  Keeps getting better doesn't it.??

GET THE APPROVAL LETTER BEFORE YOU GET ON THAT BUS TO MOC BAI.

Fly to BKK and retourn

BKK is a good side trip too.

Yogi will be saying bye bye to Saigon soon, because Air Asia will be flying direct from Nha Trang to Kuala Lumpur in September. $65 return., $40 for the VOA , an easy option.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please

Thanks yogi.  A few people told me the letter of approval was probly a scam . I'm a greenhorn to the scam my ways in Vietnam . So I was a bit paranoid.   Can you blame me?  Thanks for the heads up. I can relax now........till I get to the border.    Ray