Cabin baggage Advice

Hello friends,

Share your knowledge on this.

I would like to know if they would allow me to carry a BACKPACK type LAPTOP BAG apart from my cabin luggage?

The Backpack laptop bag would be a dedicated Laptop bag and will not contain any other stuff other than laptop and accessories. Will that do?

This depends on the airline you are flying. If the airline states that you can take one peice of carry on luggage plus a "personal item", the "personal item" can be a laptop bag if you choose.  If the airline states you are allowed only ONE carry on item, then the additional laptop bag will not be allowed.

Blog: beyondthequeen.blogspot.com

Thank you friend :)

Not just the airline but the check in staff.
I was rather lucky with the excellent airline I used to go to Indonesia. Emirates were really helpful and allowed me a tad over limit. The airport staff at Manchester airport were pretty horrible, trying to make life hard work, but the airline's own staff were great.

Satyamurthy,
Depends from airline, airport and time.

Several airlines, among them Ryanair, do not allow ANY hand luggage beyond the main hand luggage. This means that if you carry a trolley, you cannot have a laptop bag, a ladies handbag or a shopping bag, unless these are INSIDE your trolley. So, if you fly with Ryanair, you cannot have your cabin baggage plus a laptop bag.

Satyamurthy, which airline are you flying with?

Its the same with Easy Jet. Best thing to do is to check the baggage allowance on the website for each airline.