Close

Migration service scam.

My experience with a migration service.
I have posted this on a social media in Australia, and all feed back was supportive in the way that this service has scammed others as well.

I am wanting to express my experience with *** . Maybe other people have had good experience with this migration service, so if so I respect your experience. However,’ I think I need to let people know my experience so they are fully aware.
About 3 months ago I contacted *** about a quote for a partner visa. Everything was great and the price was ok, Around $11.000.
I had to put a $2000-dollar deposit, that was fine.
In this 3-month process I become aware of my partner being not so truthful, so I needed to not proceed with my visa, and it was disappointing.
Now *** would reply every time quite quick. Once I expressed I can no longer continue, they started to not return my emails for a few days, seemed odd, giving my experience.
I asked *** can I have a refund and he quoted “Lukas. I just haven’t done anything yet. Could you please let me know your banking details”? So, this was fine I expected to have a full refund because nothing has been done at this point, no process or time had been put into my case because we were not ready.
So, I checked my bank and *** had taken nearly $1000.00 and never said nothing. I responded and ask why, they responded with “No mistake. If a client withdraws from the contract, we invoice them for services provided. And we refund the balance from our Client Account “. I never had any service completed, I received a few emails and hadn’t even started my application yet, I had asked *** to wait till we are ready, it was agreed.
Maybe I’m missing a point here but I believe being charged close to a $1000 dollar for no service is very tricky and cunning.
I have priced a tourist visa application with other migration services and its only around $900.00 for the application and services provided, so my charge for no work seems very wrong.
When I said ill being letting other people from my country and the Philippines know about my experience, he replied with this - Be very careful about what you post. I expressed that it’s a bully tactic to keep me quiet.
If I’ve missed the point, I’m open to feedback. However, I don’t want anyone to be charged or have a not so good experience like myself.
I have accepted I will not get my money back, and have learnt for future dealings.
Thank you

Moderated by Christopher 4 months ago
Reason : company's name deleted to avoid diffamation

Expatriate health insurance in the Philippines

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Philippines

Moving to the Philippines

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Philippines

Travel insurance in the Philippines

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Philippines