Tourist visa for indonesian to england

My name is vitta, having a troublesome of applying my tourist visa to england. And i couldnt get any correct person to contact at british embassy to dig information regarding to tourist visa.

I am unemployed since a month after finished my working contract in japan, met my british boyfriend there.

Is it possible to get uk visa being unemployment but get sponsorship?

Need a correct information regarding to application and documents sopport needed.

Go here

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Indonesia/

It's the official website and place for UK visas.

To help get the visa as you are unemployed you will need to provide bank statements of your current situation in order to demonstrate you can afford to look after yourself. Next you need someone here to write on your behalf that you have no intention of staying in the UK illegally but just as a tourist. A travel agency might help you there.
Thirdly you could ask your boyfriend and family to write sponsorship letters for you in order to prove where you will stay and what you will do.

It's tricky getting into the UK if unemployed but with help from someone there it can help.

Also try the Indonesian embassy in the UK and see if they offer advice. This of course, is also on line

Hi luke,

I already applied on line and will have meeting next week in vfs office, ive been consulting to 2 different travel agencies and both of them strongly sugest me to have enployment letter with or without sponsor.

Due to limit information that i had during filling the application on line, i fill some of question with answer as self fund and unemployment.

What can i ask to travel agency by making statement that i have no intention of staying in england? In other way, is there any one else than travel agency to do so?

I am not what you should do next other than explain your situation clearly so it will help them make a decision.

For the worse, i will just pop out there and explain my real situation. Finger crossed

Thank you for your help by providing me your knowledge.

I wish you all the luck but remember to ask if you provide sponsors from the UK will that help with the visa. I am sure it can.

I think you also need to provide a bank statement for the past 3 months chopped and signed by your bank and showing a balance of about Rp30 million. but I might be wrong.

The travel agent helping you make the visa should give you all the advice you need. I think agent's fees are around Rp1.8 to Rp2 million, well worth it I think.

Hi abdul,

The information regarding to support document are not the same, for example on web site the document needed is not that many, 2 different travel agencies give more complicated documents than what its stated on the web site.

This is very confusing to me. :(

As of last September I took my unemployed girlfriend to the UK no problem getting visit/ tourist visa issued
I provided LOI (letter of invitation) along with proof of ownership of property she will be staying at including copies of electric, gas and water bills in my name, I provided my bank statements as proof of either access to £18,000 plus per annum (if sponsor is employed) or proof of access to about £58,000 if unemployed, I provided copy of my passport and UK driving license, we provided itinerary for her trip and I also stated I would cover the full cost of any medical expenses including living expenses.
I had to show proof of our relationship was genuine I.e Facebook, emails, phone call logs, photos. One thing to note if you have been in a relationship for say 2 years but only see each other day 6 months a year they only class your relationship as one year they don't count time spent apart unless you live together in the same country. You need to provide and sponsor 6 months of bank statements, parents details full travel history when not in Indonesia, airline tickets are not an issue sponsor and you with supporting letter state will be purchased on issue of visa,
State your only visiting for 2/3 weeks you can stay for 6months (leave before visa expires) but note anything over 3 months is considered living in the uk, your visiting not living, copy of every page in your passport, passport size photos, you can obtain these at vfs, letter saying you will leave uk and return to Indonesia, also mention you will purchase travel insurance, if staying in hotels and not sponsors home you need to show bookings to support your application, as for employment it makes no odds if you are or not, I know many expats here who take girlfriend to uk who are both employed and unemployed, if you plan to stay lint than for example 2/3 weeks TELL uk immigration this when entering the uk i.e. On my application I said 2/3 weeks but could be longer as boyfriend etc is organising for us to visit London (as example)
Good luck

Hi Gwmeath,

Your information is very clear, only that at the beginning i filled the online application that state self fund. I asked my bf when filling being sponsor because it was another question appeard like how much money that he will sponsored me and also reason why he become my sponsor. Due to no knowledge of might be minimun of amount money, we changed to become self fund. So, this is really stress me out because it seems the answer is already wrong and i cant edit it as i already submit it. There is no mention as well minimun of amount of money that i need to have, but i took conclusion on minimum 50 million IDR.

For passport fotocopy, do i have to print them all (travelling history)?
Our relationship is just become 6 months this month, should i state him as friend or boyfriend? I have proof of all that you mentioned.

How long does it take since the day of your appointment with all documents hand in to uk embassy till the decision of your visa status?

Thanks

Once you have had the appointment your documents are returned immediately, VFS take copies of important ones i.e. National identification etc, every page in your passport must be photocopied even unused pages, in my opinion it would have been best for sponsor to fund/ say they are funding, reason being they are then x2 sources of money not just one (just my opinion)
Depending if you use the fast track service you normally receive your passport back after about 10 days if using normal service this can be after 15 days but depends how busy and if your passport is processed in Jakarta or sent to Manila (or both)
VFS only verifies the information you submit it's the British embassy/ consulate that issues or refuses the visa, if refused they will tell you why it was refused but you can reapply immediately, quoting your previous application and reasons why refused (happened with my girlfriends application because we missed one date on travel history whilst in transit through Singapore)

Hi Gwmeath,

I just received of LOI both from my bf and his parents, all their passport, their bank statement fund. They stated my visit is not gonna be longer one month as my bf intended to come to indonesia to visit (proof with his 60 days visa to indonesia) and we will travel together back to indonesia by the end of july and they mentioned as well the itinery of what me and we do whlist in england.

Talking by date, my original plan was to travel this june 11th (again due to no knowledge that this visa approval will take 15 days of working day, my appointment is june 7th, planning to travel june 11th 😣), miscalculating again.
However i havent buy or book or issue return flight ticket because i didnt see on the web site that i need to have that.

Time of appointment is getting closer and closer, so many things run on my mind to prepare myself forbthe questions that they will ask.

Wish me luck.

Just remember if you are refused a visa and yes it can be upsetting, just remember you can reapply immediately/ same day, I would do a supporting letter written by you explaining your miscalculation on dates and also explain about tickets to and from the UK,
That's great your boyfriend and his parents have completed an LOI along with documents, but remember "If" you are refused the letter from him and his parents any dates will "must" be changed, photographs of a new letter are fine (myself and girlfriend signed every bit of evidence)
I agree it can be frustrating "pusing" also remember once you get a visa issued you can travel to the uk anytime during the life of the visa but remember to leave the uk before it expires especially in today's climate and world politics, good luck and please let us know how you get on, if refused please let us all know maybe we can assist

The questions they ask are the questions on the form, you can update your answers at the interview for example travel dates do a supporting letter from you explaining

Thanks Gwmeath, ill update you with my visa status once its done.

Youve been realy helpful with you personal experience.

Cheers

Hi gwmeath...

I finally got "approved" for my uk visa...

Theres few people who has been so positive about my result and god listen to those few people to help me...

I finally will meet my boyfriend.

Thanks
Vitta

Great news, hope you enjoy your time in the uk👍👍

Good news and I hope you have a great time.