New members of the USA forum, introduce yourselves here – June to December 2017

Hi. I'm Simon. I'm from Cameroon and I'm living in Tunisia. I'm a student in petroleum Engineering. I'll be graduated next year. I'm planning to move in Houston Texas next year. Looking for some Advice about Working in that field and i'll be so happy to meet some friends. If someone is interested in knowing about me just send me a friend request i'll be pleased. 

Thank you very much indeed.

Hola !

I am the new neighbor around here. Well, pretty much losing my head over the subject of moving abroad with the whole family, we are currently applying for an L-1/L-2 visa, we should have news of approval on september, but we are moving faaast if approved, we are planning a december moving month since the kids will be on vacation and can start fresh in January, we are looking for rentals in te temple terrace area in tampa, since my husband parent live nearby by and we thought that they can be a tremendous help for the first month, my main concern are the schools, i don't have any problem with driving and traffic since in Dominican Republic i can take up to 40 mins (it's actually a 15 mins drive, adding the traffic here) to take my kids to school, i did some research and the best elementary school are around new tampa area or carrollwoods, if somebody know of some good rentals around this areas it would be awesome, we are looking for a two br apt, since we don't want to be expending too much money in the first months, we are a family of 5 with a cute dog.  i just really want to know your experiences with moving abroad with kids, have any advice ? hit me up please! what thing should i consider most important at first?

Here are the thing i think i should prioritize

- Health insurance (know anyone good, any advice in what i should consider to upgrade?)
- Renting an apt with 2br and 2bathr (dogs allowed)
- Buying a vehicle + insurance (probably a mini van since i have 3 rascals, age 5yo and twins of 3yo)

Any tips, advice, words of wisdom, will be welcomed

Thanks !!!

HI. My Name is Simon.I'm from Cameroon and I'm currently living in Tunisia. recently, I won the US DV lottery Visa. I'm planning to move down there especially in Houston next year. Looking for some advice about the cost of living,HOusing and  Job opportunities in the Oil&Gas industry. Notice that I'm a Petroleum engineering Student. Above all, I'd like to meet some friends who are currently living there.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you

Best regards,

Hi

Please permit me to introduce myself

I am Selva

Glad to join expat.com

Any Malaysian work in hospital environment? Pls PM me

Hi Simon

I am Selva

I am have enquiry about DV

Could you guide me

Hi iam kazibwe vianney 21 years living in uganda im searching for a job in USA,i can drive,i can deliver,and i am a good sales person iam worrndering if any one can help me find a job iam very respective and hard working that i belive.i really need this because i have dreams thanks.

Hi selva.
yes of course I could help you find anwser. what do you want to know about DV?

Hi my name Brenda Alcorn I live in the USA, I'm  trying to find more about the Phillippe Living. I  live in apartment and I would like to know how much a 1 or 2 bedroom would  cost

Julien,

I'm very new to this.  I was born in Austria and my husband and I are contemplating of moving there or Germany.  Much will depend on how his health holds up.  At this point we rare primarily interested in possibly renting an apartment or house in Bregenz, Austria, or somewhere in (middle) Bavaria (Augsburg, Stuttgart, Ulm, Koln, etc.  Basically, I just need to start somewhere (their embassies in DC, or contact their governments directly.  Appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Regards,

Rosie

Dear Mr. Julien,

Thank you for the welcome. Warm welcome indeed.

Having too many questions to ask, I blink what to ask.

As always I felt, USA is a land of opportunities. I wish to be there as immediate as possible.

I am a techno sales guy. I sold an accounting software for about 15 years in India and in some neighboring countries, remaining in India.

I worked in the middle east country, The Kingdom of Bahrain for nearly four years. I am back in India for the past seven years.

I have added few skills after coming to India. Presently working for a International organisation engaged in charity activities.

That is a very concise, primitive info about me.

I look forward to share more in the days to come.

Thank you

Rajaa. D

Hi. I am a Ukrainian-American who's been living in New York for the past 13 years. I work as a first grade school teacher. I am moving to Lisbon in summer 2018. While in Portugal, I plan to work as a yoga and Pilates instructor full-time, and teaching English as a second language part-time. Would love to make new contacts in New York and Portugal!

What is a expat, I would like to know more

Glad to hear from you
I am in midst of preparing for DV application
Here is my questions
1. What I should prepare
2. What are the mistakes I should not do
3. How do you fill up the form worn the lottery
4. I am still blur about DV application (web given some time period to fill up the application)

Hi all
My name is Farah rim,i'm from marrakech city and currently I will study in the 12th grade and i'm planning to study abroad especially in the UNITED STATES I just want you guys to help me to make my dream to become real, I need green card or someone get married with me for having US nationality I'm super excited to study,work,and live in the USA I have an American dream and I wish to study there and get a scholarship for studying I know that it's really hard but i'm positive and I won't give up on my dream no matter what happens  to me i will never surrender i'm an optimistic person and I'm so dedicated and loyal I just to accomplish and achieve my goals.

Farah.rim wrote:

Hi all
My name is Farah rim,i'm from marrakech city and currently I will study in the 12th grade and i'm planning to study abroad especially in the UNITED STATES I just want you guys to help me to make my dream to become real, I need green card or someone get married with me for having US nationality I'm super excited to study,work,and live in the USA I have an American dream and I wish to study there and get a scholarship for studying I know that it's really hard but i'm positive and I won't give up on my dream no matter what happens  to me i will never surrender i'm an optimistic person and I'm so dedicated and loyal I just to accomplish and achieve my goals.

Welcome to Expat.com

I'll tell you straightforward, do not seek out marriage for the sake of immigration to the USA...it rarely ends well.  You will have a much better path by applying as a student at American universities and obtaining a student visa.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi everyone  :) I'm Lauren. I am currently living in England however planning on moving to the US. I have wanted to do this for a few years now however been too nervous but I think now is the time to take the plunge!

Hello

I am really interesting about studying agriculture. How can it be possible for me to sponsored or earned a free scholarship?

Hi guys, I am a South African citizen working as a Projects and Engineering Draftsperson at a well known Mining company. I am really interested in moving to Los Angeles County, but at the moment feeling a bit lost and no idea where to start. In need of some assistance and guidance of how to do the whole application process. Costs involved, and what type of visa I must apply for, what supporting docs are necessary.
Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Niekie Croukamp.

Hi guys, I am a South African citizen working as a Projects and Engineering Draftsperson at a well known Mining company. I am really interested in moving to Los Angeles County, but at the moment feeling a bit lost and no idea where to start. In need of some assistance and guidance of how to do the whole application process. Costs involved, and what type of visa I must apply for, what supporting docs are necessary.
Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Niekie Croukamp.

I came to US in 1982 so it's been a while.   I never dreamed to come to US and then I got married and thus my first reason for coming here. 
It has been an overall good experience with some difficult times as well.  It helped me to build my character.    I started as a shampoo girl part-time then I went back to secretarial work through agency temps and was lucky to work at the IMF and World Bank.  Then left to go work with a private company until I received a call one day to come back to the WB to replace someone.  I then later got a full time job and worked there for 28 years.  I took an early retirement because I did not care for commute and I wanted to work from home.  I do miss all my wonderful colleagues.
I recently met a Pastor who has dedicated his life to help the poor and the sick worldwide and he told himself that if he can help them, his program can help everyone.  He went as far as putting himself in the shoes of the homeless to feel what it was like and this strengthen his will to want to help everyone.  To make a long story short, I signed up as an Advocate to his program as I think it's going to revolutionize the way we do fundraising and crowdfunding and help those in need of plan B.  His heart is at the right place.  He has many skills that is allowing to have a grown a team of 12,000 people in a short amount of time.  I am now promoting what he has put in place.  I am passionate about it and I'm also going to school part-time to become a spiritual and a peace healer.  I think it's important to understand myself to understand others, I think it's important to go deep inside of me to find inner peace and be able to transcend that peace to other. 
I am also in a reflection mode to decide to take the American citizenship as my husband is American.  However, I do not want to lose my French nor my Mauritius citizenship.  I know I won't lose the French but I'm not sure about Mauritius?
I love to work-out and meet my friends whenever I can squeeze some time in my heavy schedule.
I love to sit in a garden, to stay still and hear the birds and look at the trees and flowers. 
I would love to travel a bit more and through the work I'm doing I'm meeting lot of wonderful people who love to share-give and receive.
Sarah

Hi Niece
You may want to apply for the Green Card Lottery if you want to come work in US, or just come to visit and rent an airnb room.  Just look at a map and just move around from one area to another.  I was there recently.  I rented a place in Playa del Ray and took uber to go almost every day to near the Grove.   
Google what to do in LA?
Learn about the metro and public transportation.

Living in USA for 18 years. I love it . Good opportunity. Looking to move back to Casablanca Morocco.

Good day, 
My name is Akila Yaro, from Nigeria, kagoma by tribe, (kaduna state) age 33 years old, presently working with the Nigeria government,
Thank you.

we are in the same boad sis my name is Tsitsi. my number

Wonderful . I enjoyed reading to the end. A lot of inspiration.
Thanks sister.

cam you help me to go to the usa and work for you

I just joined.  I live in Florida but I'm originally from France and miss speaking my native tongue. I  would love to meet French people to speak and see how well they acclimated to the US.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : off topic

Hi ,just joined today been her in the US a year and half now still finding my feet, busy in the North Dakota Oilfields  from 20 +  years in the heat in Gaborone the winter is some new thing here. Southern Africa guys let's get in touch I speak lingos all the way from RSA to Tanzania

Hi all,

This is a reminder that this topic is for introductions only!  For seeking or offering assistance, please use other topics on the forum or start new ones if your situation has not already been discussed.

Also, posting one liners like "help me get to USA" is not useful and likely won't achieve any results. 

Thanks
Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi I'm new here

Hi,

Im currently in South Africa looking to move to New York City.  Any assistance or information on visa & job applications would be appreciated.

Hello, My name is Shayana, I left Florida a few days ago, I dont live there but i do spend a lot of tiime in Orlando and Miami. I would like that we get to know each other if you dont mind, cause i would like to move to the states soon as I can and maybe you can tell me about your experience and process of being there.

looking forward to hear from you soon

Shayana

Good morning every one,

Favor from all of you guys, could you please help me to know the procedures of getting visa.
I have my auntie living in Montana USA, she is already residence and has green card in USA. I want to go there with her sponsor, is it possible?, HOW?.. if no, what are the possible ways to go there.

Waiting your response.

Appreciated in advance.

Hello my name is Ntakirutimana Emmanuel from Rwanda, I am in USA ,North Carolina in Boone where I am attending teacher training and i wish to meet at least some people especially Rwandan Africans to make my life better in Boone because i do not have where to travel and enjoying this beautiful country.
Thank you so much.

Hello, I'm Suzi from Pensacola, Florida.  My husband and I will be visiting Bermuda next year.  I was born there and I'm hoping to see my childhood home.  I visited the people living there in 1969 but did not keep track of them.  The home was called Idlewild at the time.  It is located on the water in Shelly Bay.  I have pictures of it.  Hoping someone could help me locate the address.  Thank you.

Hellow,

I am Priscar from Tanzania (Africa) actually my plan is to get business partner from Usa through expat.com. I wish to have someone to work with on the Tourists business in my home country

Priscar

Hellow Sarah,

I like what your doing with your husband. However its a real touching work to help the homeless and helpless families. Myself i am leaving in Tanzania, i graduated masters degree MBA IN 2010.  I started working as assistant lecturer in a university, and for all those years, i did my research on vulnerable families and to be honest people are living like hell. Their life are so difficult, homeless children are so many and helpless families. I decided to open an NGO FAMILY FOUNDATION, and i wish we can communicate so that you can also touch helpless families in Tanzania

Hi everyone, my name is Shireen and I am moving to Phoenix in a few weeks from Toronto. Happy to have found a website like this.

Welcome and get ready to enjoy the heat. Especially in the summer.

Bob K

Closed