New members of the Seychelles forum, introduce yourselves here – June to December 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Seychelles forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Seychelles if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Seychelles forum, introduce yourselves here – 1st quarter of 2017 continues below!

Hi,

I live in the UK and I'm planning on living in Seychelles with my husband and our 2 children.

I would prefer to have a job to come too.

hi thank you for this forum.My names are Irene and am from Kenya..i would really love to move to seychelles and work there any advise will be highly accepted.

thanks
irene Awuor

Hello Everybody
I have been in Seychelles for 7 months.
I love this Island but i need to find a proper/normal house.
I joined this site/forum in order to find house mate.

Have a nice time in paradise.

Hai thank you very much in this forum .I'm Analiza C.Raccha from Philippines a week now after I reached Seychelles I want to find job in housekeeping field or bread and pastry.Anyone can give advice an recommend me.Thank you and more power

Hi There My name is Shaun. Myself and my wife and two children 10 and 12 are moving to seychelles in august 2017. i will be managing a large project in Mahe , the company i am working for is re-doing the entire islands mv electrical network.  not sure where the best place to stay is? and we need to rent long term, preferably 3 bedroom so pls advise who to contact for accommodation.  my wife has been homeschooling our kids for the past 4 years and plans to continue there. is there a homeschool network in seychelles?
i also teach scuba diving as a qualified instructor so i would like to link up in seychelles. my wife teaches lego robotics and would consider starting a club there, do you know if there would be a n interest?
any advise and do's and donts about seychelles for newbies? :/

We are a young Belgian married couple (Marijke and Ralf), not having any children yet, but a lovely sweet and calm chow chow dog. We have been to Seychelles twice the past years and liked it so much that we started applying for jobs. My husband has just been accepted. We are trying to find out about the salaries and housing... We are looking for a 2bedroom house in the neighborhood of Anse Royale - Mahe? Do you have any advice for us? All information is more than welcome :):)
I am a teacher in Belgium in the medical faculty, teaching oncology, microbiology and ergonomics to nurse students and medical students. I am also a stress and burnoutcoach and love helping people to learn how to relax and take care of their stress levels. I also give yoga and piano lessons.
I am looking for a job in Seychelles. On one hand, I would love to teach students in the university or to assist the ministry of health with health advice. On the other hand, I would love to help hotel staff and guests with health advice, yoga lessons and stress coaching. Also private lessons (yoga, stress coaching, piano or music lessons) would be possible!
If you have any idea about jobs for me, please let me know! 
Thank you and wishing you a pleasant day!! And hope to see you soon in Seychelles
Marijke

My name is Heyam , married with one child. planning to move  to Seychelles the pearl of the Indian Ocean. We have been to Seychelles twice and I am looking for good opportunity  in Project management in Seychelles. I have 10 years of  progressively responsible experience with United Nations and private sectors.

Hi There My name is Anil. I and my two cousins are moving to Seychelles in August 2017. we are there to find new business aspects in between India and Seychelles, currently, we are into diamond and colour stones rough import export and trading. We also deal in Ayurveda products. right now not sure where the best place to stay is? and we need to rent long term, preferably 2 bedrooms so pls advise who to contact for accommodation.
any advises and do's and don't about Seychelles for newbies?
better suggestions will be welcomed.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the Jobs in the Seychelles section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello guys. I'm Will from Zimbabwe and I am looking for a suitable job in Seychelles. I have CIPS Purchasing and Supply qualifications but I am looking for any other jobs in Hotel companies.

Would be grateful if i can get leads for websites, recruitment agencies to use. Or if any of you know of suitable jobs for me you can then contact me privately.

Thank you for your time

hi there
I wish to meet business minded people

I WANT TO INSTALL A WATER SLIDE IN mAHE
i NEED A SLOPED LAND  THATS ALL   LETS BE PARTNERS
LOCALS PLS WITH LAND  REPLY

Hi everyone,

@Maareg, welcome to Expat.com

Could you please drop your advert under the required section :
Business partners in the Seychelles

Thank you

Chris
Expat.com

Hello am new here

Am Emmanuel from Nigeria I am looking for a job in Seychelles am interested in any kind of job that pay my Bill need your help

Hi Im Chantal from Umhlanga South Africa. Ive travelled and stayed in the Seychelles many times. To me it is paradise on earth. So what if people call it a Banana Republic, perhaps it is - but nothing compares nor beats the ambience, atmosphere, safety, calmness, people, weather and just the air, the cleanest air in the entire Universe. I love the Seychelles. They say once you have been you will always go back and thats what I inted to do. Have a great weekend everyone enjoy - catch up with you next week. Chantal

About to acquire a visa to work in the seychelles, so would need to know the security  situation in the country as well as the cost for acommodation for the  low income bracket,i will be working in the transport system for Travel and tour company in the seychelles

Hi All,

I am currently living in the UK and would love to live in the Seychelles.

I am a Quantity Surveyor with close to 4 years experience. My wife is a qualified Foundation/Early years Teacher with 3 years experience working as a Teaching Assistant, looking for a teaching position.

If anyone is aware of any job opportunities which is suitable I would really appreciate it!

I hope to see and work with some of you soon!

All the best everyone

Hi Shaun,

well done on securing such. If you ever need a Quantity Surveyor please think of me ;p

all the best

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751427

Thanks!

Closed