Close

New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourselves here – June to December 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Netherlands forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Netherlands if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourselves here – 1st quarter of 2017 continues below!

Hi

My name is Lucky I'm 21 years old and I'm from South Africa in Kwa Zulu Natal....I'm currently doing my second year of college, in Movie Technology....I'm planning to move to the Netherlands as soon as I graduate which is next year(2018). I have a partner she is from the Nerthelands and I'm gonna move in with her...I'd like somebody to help me as to how to go about applying for your visa and permits, I know you have to write an exam about the Netherlands in Pretoria, at least that's what I found out on the internet....but basically if there is anyone who has been through the similar process or who knows how to go about applying....your help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Lucky

Hello, Im Lei from Bacolod City Philippines.  I'm planning to move to Volendam someday.But I'm processing my tourist visa atm.After my tourest were planning to take MVV visa. I join here  to have more knowledge  and to make it easier for me  in the future to process my papers.  And also to find a friend who's leaving in Volendam. 
I'm so glad I join your expat group,  Just reading your experiences, it helps me more understand how does it goes. 
Good luck to us all for our new journey 😉

Greetings!

Hi,

I'm Diana from Cebu, Philippines and currently living here in Deventer for a year. It would be perfect to meet and find new comrades, specifically fellow Filipino women. Nonetheless, I would also be ecstatic to gain new friends aside from my countrymen. It's utterly hard to establish and discover new people since this is a different country, as well as the culture.

I find this group pretty much interesting and I do hope to meet great people here.

Have a great day, guys!

Tot ziens :)

Hi,

I'm (half) Dutch and reside in the Netherlands but have been living all across Europe for most of my life. Moving to so many locations and so often, I accrued a lot of experience in being an expat.

Rich of this experience, I founded Intercultural Business Solutions in 2015 aimed at helping individuals and businesses to bridge gaps across cultures.

I subscribed to Expat.com hoping to provide help and opportunities to fellow expats.

Hope to talk to you soon.

All the best,

Michele

Intercultural Business Solutions :

Hi,

I'm (half) Dutch and reside in the Netherlands but have been living all across Europe for most of my life. Moving to so many locations and so often, I accrued a lot of experience in being an expat.

Rich of this experience, I founded Intercultural Business Solutions in 2015 aimed at helping individuals and businesses to bridge gaps across cultures.

I subscribed to Expat.com hoping to provide help and opportunities to fellow expats.

Hope to talk to you soon.

All the best,

Michele

Hi Michele and welcome to the Forum. :)

Some good posts, looking forward to seeing more. :)

Cynic
Expat Team

HI , I am Farabi, Indonesian National  just move from VAE to  Amersfoort .  Nice to meet  all of you  here in this forum.

Hi Everyone,

I’m Ali from Trinidad and Tobago, a twin island country located the Caribbean. I'll be moving to Breda, Netherlands at the end of August to start a Masters degree.

I’m really looking forward to it, as this would be the first time I’m living outside of Trinidad and Tobago (T&T). Moving to the Netherlands would be a huge change in many ways – climate, time zone, population size (T&T only has about 1.35 million people), customs, etc.

I would like to learn as much as I can before my move – which is why I joined Expat.com – and it would be lovely to meet new friends in the process  :)

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Ali

Greetings,
My name is Alberto,
I am living in the netherlands for quite a while now. I am Italian.
What I do? Well, since the birth of my first son I gave up work and stayed home for him.. and than I had a second one!I love my new job; is a 24/7/365 type of job with no breaks or lunch time as you know it (unless you do the same as me). I believe is the best job ever. And once you try it, you start asking too many questions why...
Originally I am in IT (and still like it). I love to scuba dive, travelling other continents, meeting new people and enjoy life.
What I am looking for here?
Well... My father-ship at 100% of my time will soon be over. I will soon need to find a job.
Mean while, I am renting my own place in the center of amsterdam and I am always looking for new tenants when one leaves.
In july 2017 my apartment will be free again and I would like to offer a rantable apartment in the amsterdam center for medium to long term.

I am also open to help you understand how is living in amsterdam.
Bye

Ciao Roberto, benvenuto  :cheers:

You can post your house offer in the housing section above the page where you can provide more details and you'll get better views than here on the introduction thread😉

Expatriate health insurance in the Netherlands

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Netherlands

Moving to the Netherlands

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Netherlands

Travel insurance in the Netherlands

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Netherlands

Flights to the Netherlands

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Netherlands