New members of the Kenya forum, introduce yourselves here – June to December 2017

Sunny greetings everybody.

My name is Rehema Maria Khimulu. I am a Kenyan having lived, worked and studied in Ethiopia and Algeria. Am back to Kenya seeking new opportunities and opportunities for career growth in the fields of renewable energy and environmental management.

I play Chess competitively and as a hobby too. I enjoy other hobbies including hiking, public speaking and community service. I look foward to engaging further with this huge talented network.

Hello, my name is Ratan Deep Singh and I am from India. Currently I am working as an accounts professional and living in Nairobi since May 2017. Though first time in the country but not new to African continent and before coming here worked in Nigeria and Uganda from 2010.  Nice to meet you all.

PS: Looking for change in job on urgent basis , Any help/suggestion/guidance will be highly appreciated. 100 % movable and can go any where in the country/continent.

Thanks !

Hi All,

My name is Georginah Ndanu

I'm Kenyan, living in Nairobi. I'm a graduate in Communication and Public Relations and currently working in Customer Service. I am also learning French language and I am interested in learning how to be fluent in the French language through interacting and speaking with French speakers.

I would also love to make new friends :-)

Welcome Rehema, Ratan, Georgina

I'm Lars from Norway. Came to Nairobi 7 weeks ago and have also spent some weeks upcountry and found it attractive around Mt Kenya/ Nanyuki. The landskape was great for walking, nice temperature and little mosquitoes.

My plan is to find a piece of land where I can do some small scale farming to activate myself together with my Kenyan partner. Would be nice to settle somewhere with a friend from abroad around as well as a good Kenyan neighbourhood. So if you live in a nice place and want a friend or new neighbour, please drop me some lines. I would also appreciate advice on other ways to approach finding a good place upcountry to live as a young pensioneer.

Hello, my name is Kala and I am a public health professional.
I'm hoping to move to Nairobi in the summer to find a job and explore the eastern region of Africa.
Happy New Year everyone!!!

Peace and Blessings

:cheers: Hi everyone

Hi all am Lilian, just joined this forum. Am a kenyan engineer working in the field of renewable energy. I love networking and socializing too. Hope to have a great experience in this platform.

Well, after all these years I have decided to make friends online catchup with my people, i miss my mother country i hope the war will be over soon so i can go back there.

About 7 years ago I began to use this "pedal machine" given to me by my dear sister and her dear husband. I didn't think I would accomplish much, but it was moving and that was progress. I made a "cleaning CD" that has now become my exercise music. 63 minutes of music to be tortured by.... I mean to get healthy to and beautiful hehehe....

I am now up 4.2 miles a day, with my legs. Then I do floor exercises for about 10 minutes and then a 0.5 a mile with my arms. I have discovered that I do have more energy, I wake up faster, and I am able to walk more during the day. Ok, so when do the smaller size clothes come.

My schedule this is a VERY valid reason. I usually don't have time to eat. How did I suddenly "find the time to exercise " you may ask? I get up at 5:00 am. Yep, you read it right 5:00 AM. I literally hop out of bed, make my bed, and go straight to the torture device, uh... exercise machine. It is ready and waiting for me, because I set everything up before I went to bed the night before. I put on my headphones and start pedaling. I don't even think about it, so I can't talk myself out of it.

I exercise until around 7:30 am. I take a shower, dress to my shoes, eat breakfast, I work between 8:30 am until 6:30pm.

Come on friends i would love to read from you all....

Hi, yes I found a school thanks!!

2 1/2 hours of pedalling every morning sounds crazy, haha. I just moved to an apartment on 4. floor where the elevator doesn't work yet. THAT is my daily exercise!

Hello... My self vivek.. Moving to Nairobi I  March.. I wanted to know good schools and also where does Indian community lives.

Hi, my name is Maja (/Maya/), I'm from Serbia, Belgrade. First time in Africa and I simply fall in love  :)  I'm currently looking to move to Kenya, Nairobi so I am searching for job opportunities. My experience is in IT. I'm QA Engineer and my job is to analyze documentation, create test plan and preform different types of testing to make sure that software meets the expectations. I speak English and Serbian/Croatian. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Maja , i am currently in Nairobi - Kenya . send me message plz, bcz i am blocked

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751350

Thanks!

Closed