New members of the Kenya forum, introduce yourselves here – June to December 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Kenya forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Kenya if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Kenya forum, introduce yourselves here – 1st quarter of 2017 continues below!

Hello My name is Tago, Julius Tago.

Am an entrepreneur my expertise is in Information Technology, our company focuses on telling african entrepreneur stories through video,  we also build website and mobile apps.
I have traveled in many african countries and one country overseas, i love to meet new people from different background and culture.

Sky is the Limit for all of us.

Hello, my name is Jose and I am from Spain . I will be working in Nairobi for a few months for an European Company. First time in the country.  Nice to meet you all.

Good morning

My name is Christelle from Cameroon and based in Nairobi… Welcome in Kenya!!

Hi I'm Jackie I'm new to this I'm planning to move to kenya next year so i need housing and job location im also bringing my3pups

based in South Sudan for the moment....love IT stuff and sports and all

Hi all.  I'm Kenyan, living in Nairobi and an entrepreneur. My area of interest is on organic beauty care. I use organic plant based ingredients and essential oils to create products that are safe and healthy for use. Am here to network and make new friends.

Hi All, I'm Kenyan, living in Nairobi. I'm a graduate civil engineer, and I am interested in some community service such as clean-ups, translation, awareness campaigns, housing development, relief services, health programs...and so on (on a part-time basis).
I can also show you around and offer tips/suggestions if you are new to Nairobi.

Making new friends while at it will be a bonus :)

Welcome back to the mama-land

Hi all  ,

From India now in Nairobi for job.  Nice place to be.  So far so good. Any Indian please connect.

Hi. My name is Cliff.  I am living near shanzu / mombasa.
I have been here on and off for a few years but now want to stay.
At the moment I am looking for health insurance among other things.  Everything is so slow and frustrating ha ha.  But I am slowly getting used to it. I brought a car 5 months ago and am still trying to get the log book. Anyone around this area?

Hi guys. My name is David and I live in Nairobi. Just joined this platform and it is quite interesting. Am a young entrepreneur and graduate from campus with a major in MIS. It is awesome making new friends and having the opportunity to share ideas.

Hi you're much welcome here...feel free to contact, thanks

Hi guys welcome to Kenya

Hi guys,

My name is Simo and I entend to move to Nairobi real soon for job opportunity. Its gonna be my first experience abroad and i am really exited about it. I dont have any idea on how is life in Nairobi? how much is the cost of living ? is it safe or not? how expensive are accommodations such as rent internet electricity ? and I'de love to talk with locals or expats about it. I speak fluently Spanish and French please feel free to contact me and talk about your experience in kentia.

Looking forward for making new friendships

We've got a lot to offer here in Kenya so you better come experience it pal...just come and find all!

hey welcome to kenya.

Hi simo
The cost of living in Nairobi is a bit high and about the safety it will depend with where you choose to live .areas like kilimani,kileleshwa,lavington,westlands, hurlingam,arboretum are fairly safe.and sometimes you could get an inclusive internet paid together with the rent.
Rent is not so bad.50-65kenyan shillings you could get a nice apartment.electricity just depends with your usage.
On the brighter side there are many social place you can go to and won't get bored.
Welcome to kenya

Hi Wanjikushiko.
Thank u very much for your answers I really appreciate it. Regarding the rent, is the price u gave me for furnished flat in those neighbourhoods ?
Thank you for advance.

Hi everyone am akenyan ,in business ,deals with car hire and tour ABALA TRAVEL.
Istarted this business a year a go and its now picking up ,

Hi simo,
Those are not the exact prices but yes you can get a furnished 1 bedroom apartment for around 70  .please check out air bnb site for rental furnished apartments.it won't disappoint.you can agree with the owners for a long term stay and a discount.

Hi,
i am Italian
my name is Andrea,
I lived for 2 years in Paris, 6 in Moscow, 4 in Beirut, 12 in Detroit and after my second divorce i came back to Italy,
in the last 7 years i have started doing business with some countries in Africa, now mostly with East African  Uganda, Zambia, Tanzania Zimbabwe etc.
I do come to Kenya very often, and I do business there as well.
untill now i have only travelled back and forth, almost every month, but now
I and the companies I represent, decided to open their regional office in East Africa
my first choise was Lusaka, due to several facts, but then thinking of the future
I opted for Nairobi which is better due to the freedom of movements toward also the West side of Africa.
now I am looking for appartments and Office, but is not a big deal couse i know already a lot of people there and I do have a list of options ready.
well what more can i say ? see you soon.
Andrea

Am carol from Kenyan.  In Spain for a very short period.  Wish to link with a Kenyan here. 

I miss ugali.

Hi everyone,

Thought I would introduce myself. I'm currently in the US looking to move to Kenya, the Nairobi or Mombasa area, to be with my girlfriend. My experience is in Financial services. I have a BA in finance and a passport. I speak english and basic Swahili.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Edith,
I am Kenyan by birth, currently living in Austria. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to live, work and study in a couple of countries, UK, UAE, Bahrain, and currently living in Austria. My work experience is in Operations Management and Human Resources Management, I attained my MBA in the United Kingdom.
I am, however, keen on moving back to Kenya, hopefully in September 2017.
Glad to have come across this forum!

Hello! My name is Leila and I am from Cape Town, South Africa.

I am planning on moving to Nairobi in January 2018 for about 3 months or more. I am interning at an organization and require advice on where to live and what to do :)

Hi good people, I am Nimmo and am new here.I am a transcriber and also do those tough projects for those busy students. Looking forward to getting lots of friends here

Hi all. Glad I found this forum. I am Kenyan by birth, lived here the first 16 years of my life before moving with my family around the world. I'm a registered nurse qualified in the U.K. but in the process of changing careers. They say home is where the heart is, my heart never left Kenya in all the years I lived abroad. Glad to be back home.

Hi everyone - I'm also new, Canadian coming to Mombasa mid-August. Any recommendations for neighbourhoods, and for evening/weekend meet-ups would be awesome!

Hi GKrish25,

Welcome to Mombasa, Kenya I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay especially the weather and the sea.
There are quite a few places you can live depending on your budget.
If you have to commute into town on a daily basis bear in mind traffic can be horrendous during rush hours.
You can find good houses and apartments in town Kizingo area. Or alternatively if you don't mind the traffic you can opt to live in Nyali.
Hope this helps. If you need any more info pls let us know.
Mash63

Hi everyone. I am moving to Nairobi next weekend the 16th of July and I start work on the 17th. Although I am well travelled. I have never set foot in Africa never mind Kenya. So it should be a really interesting few weeks coming up. Any advice welcome! I am lucky, the company have found me accommodation for the first month, and will help me find more permanent accommodation after that.  Wish me luck! 😀😀😀👍🇮🇪🇰🇪

Hi Liamob1,

Africa is a beautiful continent Kenya is a lovely country which I'm sure you'll enjoy. Like everywhere else around the world we have our challenges with our daily lives.
Living here on an expat package will take out a whole shedload of worries off you. Are you coming with your family?
There is plenty to do over the weekend and on holidays. We have one of the best safari parks in the world.
Mombasa is the second largest city in Kenya. On the coast with plenty of hotels, beautiful beaches and a relaxed atmosphere.
Welcome. If we can be of any more help please let us know.
Mash63

Thank you Mash63. I'm looking forward to it. Once I get sorted I will move the family out. Probably next year.

Liamob1,

You are welcome. Hope all goes well for you.

Mash63

hey cliff, sorry about the slow progress but i would advise you to get a good friend around mombasa to help you with such stuff. coz they know the do's and donts

Hi my name is Kelly. I am a social impact consultant from California, USA. I will be coming to Nairobi in September to stay for 3 months and work on a pro-bono project for a community organization working to revitalize low income areas in Kenya, and provide opportunities for youth.

I am hoping to get connected with the expat community in Kenya as well as find a safe and welcoming living situation.

Hi Julien,
Are you able to make my post visible. Having a hard time finding the post.
New Kindergarten on both the Nairobi and Mombasa forums.
Thanks
Mash63

Hi my name is Wanjiru and I lived in the US for 20 some years.  I was born in Kenya and define myself
as a child of two worlds. My lived experiences and cultural exposure make me a cultural deviant/outlier and I know there are others like me out there.

I am now back in Kenya and sometimes find myself looking helplessly for a "HOME" I had left behind some twenty years back, and although  I am an inter- cultural trainer and find cultural "deviants" exciting and worthy discovering and connecting with. This is one of my goals for joining  this forum.
The second goal is looking for people who know they are culturally different and want to celebrate that difference. The third goal is to walk together for a better world without losing who we are.

Hi, my name is Senait, back in Kenya. I work in the transport Industry. We delivery cargo (loose or on-transit) and containers to most regions of East while a few in central and southern Africa.

I would love to connect with expats especially in my current field.

My name is Richard. I am a software developer working for a Tanzanian company remotely here at Kenya. I am planning to move to The Bahamas to start a new life as a manager for a vehicle exporting company based on Japan, while freelancing as a Software Developer.

Closed