Close

New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourselves here – June to December 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Australia forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Australia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourselves here – 1st quarter of 2017 continues below!

Hi,

I have previously lived in Australia for 3.5 years, between 2011-14. I did it the backpacking thing for a year then I settled in Sydney for 2.5 years. I. That time I met my girlfriend, a Welsh/Australian, and we moved to London. Now we are moving back to Perth to where all her family are. I have a sister in Perth so I am vaguely familiar with it. She'll be with all of her high school friends and I'm just a bit concerned that I might be a bit of a tag along.

Also, I've been working as a lift engineer for the last 6 years but I've only just now began getting my qualifications in the UK. The quals are transferable but we are going to leave before I finish the course. I'm open to the idea of starting again at the bottom of the ladder in Perth and I'm open to any suggestions that anyone may have regarding the work and social concerns I've raised. Sorry if it's a bit full on. I'm not really sure what the protocol is.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi ,

i am coming soon to Australia
and looking to make friends , i have a lot of questions in mind about accommodation and finding a job and about life in general ,also about following the proper ways to obtain a PR and eventually having my Australian passport
thanx in advance.

Hi,

I am Vinnie. I live in Timor-Leste. I work for Australian Embassy in my country as a Translator/Interpreter. I enjoy my job very much. However, I am now 41 years old. Sometimes I tell my self that I am too old to continue in this profession. I would like to work as a seasonal workers in Australia. I need somebody to help me and to provide the requirement on how to get an Australian Passport.

On the other hand, I also would like to request if I could bring me family with me. I have 2 boys and three girls. Would you think Australian Government will accommodate my family.
Cheers

Im rwandese currently working in Uganda but with much hope of moving to Australia. Iv read some interesting things about the continent and since i love an adventure, i felt this is where i need to be.
Im a graduate but currently pursuing my ACCA with intentions of working in Accounting/Finance preferably in a private organisation or NGO. Therefore im open to any suggestions, job ads, internships.
Anyone able to give some valuable info can contact me.
Regards.

Hi, my name is Alex and I'm a French guy living in Sydney. I moved there in 2014 and I'm loving it! I work in IT, and I love going to the more than 100 beaches Sydney has to offer. Before I lived in Sydney, I was in Melbourne and I liked it too, especially the coffee;)

I look forward to speaking with you about Australia and travel in general. I just added my blog to expat.com. On My job in Australia, you can find tips and advice to get a job in Australia and move Down Under. There's also a jobs search engine: Blog link on expat.com

Expatriate health insurance in Australia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Australia

Moving to Australia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Australia

Travel insurance in Australia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Australia

Flights to Australia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Australia