Close

New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourselves here – June to December 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Australia forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Australia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourselves here – 1st quarter of 2017 continues below!

Hi,

I have previously lived in Australia for 3.5 years, between 2011-14. I did it the backpacking thing for a year then I settled in Sydney for 2.5 years. I. That time I met my girlfriend, a Welsh/Australian, and we moved to London. Now we are moving back to Perth to where all her family are. I have a sister in Perth so I am vaguely familiar with it. She'll be with all of her high school friends and I'm just a bit concerned that I might be a bit of a tag along.

Also, I've been working as a lift engineer for the last 6 years but I've only just now began getting my qualifications in the UK. The quals are transferable but we are going to leave before I finish the course. I'm open to the idea of starting again at the bottom of the ladder in Perth and I'm open to any suggestions that anyone may have regarding the work and social concerns I've raised. Sorry if it's a bit full on. I'm not really sure what the protocol is.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi ,

i am coming soon to Australia
and looking to make friends , i have a lot of questions in mind about accommodation and finding a job and about life in general ,also about following the proper ways to obtain a PR and eventually having my Australian passport
thanx in advance.

Hi,

I am Vinnie. I live in Timor-Leste. I work for Australian Embassy in my country as a Translator/Interpreter. I enjoy my job very much. However, I am now 41 years old. Sometimes I tell my self that I am too old to continue in this profession. I would like to work as a seasonal workers in Australia. I need somebody to help me and to provide the requirement on how to get an Australian Passport.

On the other hand, I also would like to request if I could bring me family with me. I have 2 boys and three girls. Would you think Australian Government will accommodate my family.
Cheers

Im rwandese currently working in Uganda but with much hope of moving to Australia. Iv read some interesting things about the continent and since i love an adventure, i felt this is where i need to be.
Im a graduate but currently pursuing my ACCA with intentions of working in Accounting/Finance preferably in a private organisation or NGO. Therefore im open to any suggestions, job ads, internships.
Anyone able to give some valuable info can contact me.
Regards.

Hi, my name is Alex and I'm a French guy living in Sydney. I moved there in 2014 and I'm loving it! I work in IT, and I love going to the more than 100 beaches Sydney has to offer. Before I lived in Sydney, I was in Melbourne and I liked it too, especially the coffee;)

I look forward to speaking with you about Australia and travel in general. I just added my blog to expat.com. On My job in Australia, you can find tips and advice to get a job in Australia and move Down Under. There's also a jobs search engine: Blog link on expat.com

Currently at a job who's head office is in England and has an office in New South Wales and there's maybe an opportunity for me to go work / live there with the family. Just looking for advice on how to sort it and what I need to do. Got a few questions too if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys.

Hi,

I am actively looking to live,work and hopefully establish myself in Melburne, Australia, but won't turn down,any opportunities,anywhere else in Oz. I have lived in UK,for 15 years,and had to leave due to ex girlfriend problems. I have worked in Kebab shops, Christies' Bistro,in Manchester University,before it changed owner, and also as a labourer,while living with my ex,in South Derbyshire,UK. I have just come back from a trying to work on an old 500 passenger greek cruise ship and that wasn't for me. I am now living back in Mauritius, not knowing where to start workwise,hence being here,looking for work abroad. I have my all of my dad's family living in Sydney, but they are no help,as i have tried. Hope to have better luck here,eventually,thank you.

Stephane.

Hi:

I'm Cheryl L. from the USA.  I'm a realtor here in Florida.  I help people relocate to the USA from foreign countries and I also help Americans relocate overseas.

Hi,

Please let me know your personal e-mail address for me.

Hi, Im Matt, Im from Poland and fortunately this year I get Work & Holiday visa which I was trying to get for a very long time. I'm a professional table tennis player and coach with experience in a gastronomy business. I'm going to spend in Australia 2 years on my visa. I'm looking for accommodation for one person in one of the bigger cities in Oz: either Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth or other. For every help or a tip, I would be very thankful.

Regardless Matt

Hello everyone,
Is there anyone who can guide me through the process for job hunt in Australia??

Hi everyone and thank you for your introduction  :)

@ Asharlqbal, please go through the articles of the Living in Australia guide first, then, if you have any questions, feel free to create your own topic on the Australia forum.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi,

I am Reetu, i want to move in australia. I have done my 3 years diploma in inforamtion technology and i have the 6+ expereince as a software developer.

Im moving to Perth in October, can anyone advise how i can get accommodation before my arrival. Also i dont get any responses when i apply for Accountant jobs, any advice?

Hi, my name is George and I'm a Rwandan aged 25,male by sex- guy living in Kigali capital city. I have been here here since especially after education most because my Education was done from out of Rwanda and I'm loving it if i could get a chance get there! I work in Accounts, and I love going to the more than 100 beaches especially in Canberra which also has more offers. Before I lived in Kigali for some good time with Commensurate experience in Accounts Section

I look forward to speaking with you about Australia and travel in general. I just added my blog to expat.com. On My job in Australia, you can find tips and advice to get a job in Australia and move Down Under. There's also a jobs search engine: Blog link on expat.com.Let me maintain my propinquity as wait to hearing from You.

Thank You

Hi

I'm Trevor I'm a Childrens Nurse by background started arpound 40 years ago and have worked in the UK, Saudi Arabia and taught in Hong Kong. My  varied career has encompassed clinical, managerial and for the past 15 years a semi academic role leading MSc Leadership for health and Social Care programmes delivered by by company [link moderated] and the University of Northampton.

I'm picking up my clinical career by doing a Return to Practice Nurse programme to brush up my clinical skills with a view to working some clinical shifts in the UK.

With most of my four children having left my legs are getting itchy for travel and I'm exploring the possibility or working abroad . My older son has been in Brisbane for what seems a life tiem although its only 4 years so it may be apipe dream but I'd like to explore the possibility of nursing jobs in Australia.

Trevor

Expatriate health insurance in Australia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Australia

Moving to Australia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Australia

Travel insurance in Australia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Australia

Flights to Australia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Australia