Asking for advice - Outdoor / indoor activities for group of expat

Hi All,

I will lead a a group of expat (half Westerner, half Asian) whose age from 40 to 55 coming to HCMC for business meeting.
We have arranged dinner on Saigon river boat, BBQ, vespa tour for them.
We would like to host some outdoor activities (real one for them to move actually, not just sitting, drinking or eating) but we are running out of ideas with a group in middle age, not so young.
The problem is that our time is quite short, only a few hours up from 4 PM once the meeting is finished.
We can not go to Mekong Delta or Cu Chi tunnel which are so far away from the city centre.
We used to organize cooking class, pottery class, fishing for them in other countries so we do not want to make any duplicates.
Any advice for us?

Hope to have some more brainstorms from you guys.

Thanks for sharing!
Phuong

How about activities in the park towards the evening when its not so hot ?
In District 1 near the backpackers area there is a large park there and this is a good park as long as you dont stay out too late at night.
There is a group of sporting people that come to the park and they love to kick this light shuttlecock or what ive seen on youtube (Foot badmington)..

Have a look at this foot badmington link . This is the park that im talking about too. Its a large park so plenty of room.

Hope this is an idea for you.
Good luck  ;)

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. It is a good idea.
I am just afraid the people in our group is too old to make it. It is so sportive.
Anyway, I will Keep it in mind and search for some more options.

Nice day :)
Phuong

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. It is a good idea.
I am just afraid the people in our group is too old to make it. It is so sportive.
Anyway, I will Keep it in mind and search for some more options.

Nice day :)
Phuong

You're welcome  :)
If the group members are older, i agree this type of sport will not be suitable for them.
However that park is quite large, and even organizing a short walk around the park may be good thing or if the group is up for it. You could also show them some light exercises ?   :one

In District 1 there are  alot of things you can visit (if not too close to closing time). Would you consider taking these groups to see some popular attractions, like the museums, the popular post office, Notre-Dame basilica, Saigon Zoo and even the popular walking street - Nguyen Hue Street. They have a nice fountain there and looks very nice in the evening. Dragon wharf is close by too so may be plan one evening to visit there? This used to be the commercial port of Saigon. It has a nice boat/ship to admire and generally a nice sea view too.  :)

You could also take your group to Bitexco Financial Tower - Floor 51 has Cafe Eon a restaurant with a nice view of Saigon. They can have refreshments here or a light meal while taking some nice photos of the fantastic views.!   ;)

Hope this helps  :top:

Have a good day too.  ;):cool:

55 yo is not elderly, but then some people prefer to sit.
You could take the who lot to a nice garden cafe, then then see if anyone wants to walk around the neighborhood. The more adventurous ones who are bored with sitting then have an option.

Get out of district 1 and see urban Saigon. I used to live in D5 on the river. There are I think 2 suitable cafes under Cau Nguyen Tri Phuong, the west side. From there, just east of the bridge there is a cool little alley at Nguyen Thoi Trung. There is a newly renovated skinny park with exercise things and people hanging out after work. Walk east to the end of the park and go down An Binh, it is the jade and pearl jewelry street, dozens of stores for bargaining, few tourists.

Or from the cafe, you could go west past a building material neighborhood and turn at the traffic lights onto Hai Thuong Lan Ong, the natural medicine (amazing smelly herbs) street.
Come back along Tran Hung Dao for Chinatown temples, wedding stores, shops.