Planning to drive from Houston Texas to Cancun

Thanks in advance everyone!  Driving with the missus to Cancun from Houston TX, and I welcome all types of suggestions as to best roads to take, and where to spend the night.  We are planning on driving 7-10 hours daily.  Once in Cancun I will need a storage place for the car and belongings.  We will rent for about a month so we can get to know the areas better, and make an informed decision.  We are retired and welcome the change.  We speak Spanish, even though we are not from Mexico.  We are also considering Puerto Morelos, and would appreciate any suggestions on it.  Again thanks every one!

Just make sure that your Visa will allow you to bring your stuff. Also, your vehicule will be issued a TIP (temporary importation permit) valid for 6 months only.

As far as the route is concerned, I would suggest to check the MAPPIR APP from SCT  (transport dept of Mexico) http://www.gob.mx/sct/acciones-y-progra … za-tu-ruta

The last time I travelled by vehicule was in 2013 so to many changes of the HWY system in Mexico since then.

Adios, GyC.

Thank you!  that link is great, just what we needed, because of it we have changed the route we thought was the best.