Close

Importing Pets to Jakarta

My husband may have job opportunity in Jakarta, I am happy to make the move but one thing that is stopping me is my pets. Has anyone moved their pets to Jakarta and how did the transition go? Is it hard to find a rental that would hold two Labrador and would there be suitable places to walk the dogs?
Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks Vicki

Hi.. Maam..
Where will u stay in jakarta.. Renting a house or an apartmen  ???...if u have dogs.. I suggested that u rent a house... With a big yard...

The above is a point to consider.
Many Muslims dislike having dogs in their house even if it's rented out so you might find yourself restricted in some cases.

Yes we will be getting a house, thanks.

Thanks for your feedback, lets hope someone can cater for our needs.

Not all rented house that own by muslims is not accepting dogs fred..actually i have many friends who is renting a house and owned by a muslim.. But they have a dog..

Joe. Augustina :

Not all rented house that own by muslims is not accepting dogs fred..actually i have many friends who is renting a house and owned by a muslim.. But they have a dog..

Thats why i said some, not all.

Hi Vicki,
I moved my two poodles here with a shocking experience. Best is to get a pet agent in your home country whom can arrange for 24 hour discharge from quarantine. Mind you within 24 hours our darlings were infested with ticks. It took a while to ride them of these pests from their long fir. The conditions at the quarantine center is unacceptable and disgusting, filthy unexplainable! Me and wife cried when we saw the dump and the look on the face of our darlings. Paid a kings ransome to bail them out on day 2.
Cheers.

Hi Vicky,

Using pet transport service is the best option.
here is the contact forr Groovy Pet Transport in Kemang South Jakarta
transport[at]groovy.co.id

@ Uthyyy > Can you please recommend this pet transport in the our business directory?

Here is the link : Pet transport in Jakarta

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi Vickitrust,

I am an Indonesian currently living in Luxembourg, and I've moved my cat from Singapore to Jakarta in 2013 and again from Jakarta to Luxembourg last year in 2016. The guy name Havi he was working for Groovy Pet but then expanding his own business in 2014 (Havinalika pet relocation).

Please note that for the pet to enter Jakarta, they must somehow be quarantine (even though I moved from Singapore which supposed to be rabies free country at that time), so I have to pay a certain amount to make sure that my cat need only get 1 quarantine day (and they still gave her an extra rabies shot - even though she already got complete series of rabies and other vaccines in Singapore).

Hope it helps, feel free to contact me if you need more info about it.

Warm Regards,
Sharon

Hi Lasering,

I'm sorry to hear about your family poodles.

Unfortunately, yes the government system bring much doubt about their pet care.

May I ask how much did you pay for the king's ransom? And if there is actually any way to avoid the quarantine process altogether?

I'm trying to bring my Bichon and Cavalier in from LA.

Thanks, and thank you for everyone's info too here.

Expatriate health insurance in Jakarta

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Jakarta

Moving to Jakarta

Find tips from professionals about moving to Jakarta

Travel insurance in Jakarta

Enjoy stress-free travel to Jakarta

Flights to Jakarta

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Jakarta