General Delivery of Groceries etc to the middle of no where:)

We just moved here to San Isidro. Love it so for. I as wondering if there are there any companies that deliver "STUFF" :) here. it's like a 4 -5 hour drive to Price Mart etc.  I needed some specialty tools that EPA has but to drive there and back for a 20.00 item is crazy. Are there any companies that make scheduled delivers to this area. Thanks in advance. we made one trip to Auto Mercado and we should have take a dump truck:) Any help would be appreciated

Sorry, but having to travel long distances for many items, is what you have to accept when deciding to live in a rural area. We have to do it all the time... :par:
Suggest you to get used to writing a list and planning a monthly trip.

mgbaz13 wrote:

We just moved here to San Isidro. Love it so for. I as wondering if there are there any companies that deliver "STUFF" :) here. it's like a 4 -5 hour drive to Price Mart etc.  I needed some specialty tools that EPA has but to drive there and back for a 20.00 item is crazy. Are there any companies that make scheduled delivers to this area. Thanks in advance. we made one trip to Auto Mercado and we should have take a dump truck:) Any help would be appreciated

Hola Mgbaz,

Welcome to Expat.com!

There is a company that is or is going to be picking up and then delivering groceries, etc., to people/businesses.  The last time I spoke with Michael Baird, the guy who was shipping items from the States, was planning something like this. Not sure what areas he was going to cover however.   I will see if I can reach him and then post whether or not he did go ahead with this venture.  I thought it was a great idea if he could work it out. 

- Expat Dave

Some companies will send a paid parcel on the bus to your town, but most want your cedula #, although I doubt they would ship food.

That would be great to have someone deliver groceries etc.  What a awesome idea. That would save me tons of time and money. I'm going to see if I can contact him and I'll report back to see what he's offering...