Complete India Novice...Help required !!

Hi everyone who reads this post.

I have been told that India is a most beautiful country, and that Kerala is a lovely part to visit.
I have decided that Kerala will be a good place to start.
Initially I would like a beach holiday. Could anyone suggest a place that would be suitable to an India novice?
I would like the opportunity to also visit some interesting places too.
Many thanks

Barbara

Goa for beaches, Kerala is good too, depends for how long your trip gonna be :)

Thanks for the advice

Hi Barbara,

If you have plans to be in Chennai, you should explore Mahabalipuram & Pondicherry(Auroville)
It's a perfect mix of laid back, beautiful town with old French quarter settlement and buzzling markets on the other side. There are a couple of sea-side resorts that you could choose from.

Let me know if you need any more details :)

Cheers
Sangeetha

when u say keral  simly land by air to cochin airport  and fromthere  youcan travel to kottayam by  road say one hr or so lot of house boatsin kumarrakkon  kerala caled as  goods own country  for its grrenery if u tellme yr exact prog or landing india i can guide and help u  im a maturedage active man stationed in chennai city thanks rajesh

BEBZO wrote:

Hi everyone who reads this post.

I have been told that India is a most beautiful country, and that Kerala is a lovely part to visit.
I have decided that Kerala will be a good place to start.
Initially I would like a beach holiday. Could anyone suggest a place that would be suitable to an India novice?
I would like the opportunity to also visit some interesting places too.
Many thanks

Barbara

I dont know whether you have already reached India or not even though I'll leave my suggestions here for future visitors.

If you want start exploring India from Kerala,

Start by landing in Trivandrum so you could enjoy Beach(Kovalam is very famous) and followed by other awesome places I cannot suggest all the places here as it depends on traveler's taste.

I'd strongly suggest you to visit following guides to get an idea about the places.

1.) https://www.keralatourism.org/destination/
2.) https://www.reddit.com/r/Kerala/wiki/tourismguide

Hi !
    I hope u have found your way around India.
If u still need some advice please let me know .
Am in Chennai. You are welcome to explore the city.
All the best.