Where can we get good quality furniture, brand new or used, in Makati?

Hiya mates,

Anyone knows the name of stores that has good quality furniture, similar to IKEA or Scandinavian furnitures in Makati or nearby city ?

Nuova Casa in Magallanes

Coby's Design Center in Shangri-la Plaza mall at Mandaluyong city carry Ikea style furniture (assembly required).  I believe they are the same as Ikea without the brand.  Instead of Sweden their's are made in Denmark.

Hiya mates,

Anyone knows the name of stores that has good quality furniture, similar to IKEA or Scandinavian furnitures in Makati or nearby city ?

- @female_expat

IKEA itself    :)  opened somewhere in Metro Manila I believe. At least they where going to before covid.
In the Philippines there are many small business furniture makers, who use hardwood...  1f44d.svg Some skilled, some not. If/when you find one, you can see the difference yourself.  I dont know for Makati though.

Used coming up for sale are often crap by often are second hand things furthered within family
BUT there can be bargains when people including foreigners move abroad/other island and sell whole homes before they leave.

@coach53. . . . .In the Philippines there are many small business furniture makers, who use hardwood...  1f44d.svg Some skilled, some not. If/when you find one, you can see the difference yourself.  I dont know for Makati though.
Exactly. . . .When I arrived in the Philippines four years ago, I shopped for a suitable dresser to store clothes and to place a flat screen tv on. What I found at furniture stores was over priced junk.

I had a local furniture maker make a large dresser to my specifications. They made a list of all the materials needed which I purchased. They did all their woodworking at my house, it took about one week for two workers. The workmanship was outstanding.

Total cost including labor was about $400 USD.

They are open. I followed an IKEA delivery truck in Pasig a week ago. At the time, didn't know they were here.

Search for “IKEA Manila Philippines” for locations and their products.
I don't get the hype behind Ikea setting up shop in the Philippines. Back in the states, Ikea is more like a cheap box furniture store, where you have to assemble the parts yourself. It's more like starter furniture for fresh grads, young professionals and families. But it's marketed here as hip and classy. And they're not cheap here.

The only two pieces of furniture we bought from Ikea in the states were a bookcase, which wobbled and was crooked when we first assembled it, and a dresser drawer which seemed to be often on the verge of tipping over every time I pull out the top drawer.

We had to add brackets to the bookcase and make the "adjustable" shelves permanent. We also had to secure the dresser to the wall with brackets. It's an ugly fix, but necessary. (I think it tips over because the front of the pull out drawer is heavy and the back is made of light material. We became aware of this issue only after we had assembled the item.) Needless to say, I'm not a fan of Ikea. They really should put an advisory on some of their furniture that they need to be secured to the wall to avoid tip-overs.

I agree. A lot more expensive than good quality locally-made furniture. Three years ago, I purchased an 8-seater dining set for 55k pesos. Wood was solid and heavy. It came with a table top glass. At Crate and Barrel, you can't even purchase a table that size for 55k.

Not applicable to Makati but just FYI - We've had a lot of our furniture made locally near Cebu from a guy who has a family business and owns the land and hardwood trees. He can do Narra or Mahogany and advertises on FB Marketplace. We had a beautiful dining table and 6 chairs made for around 50K, two full height wardrobes (about 14K each I believe), and a few misc items. They will deliver it.
You can try to go to  Roche beaubois in Makati, if you have the budget.