Heat intolerance

Hello / Salam to all
I have posted some time ago on similar topic..
I am married to a moroccan man, have been together several years now..
Married for 2
My dilemma is this..he has been refused a visa twice to join me ...
I have health issues which makes me intolerant to high temperatures,
I have been to morocco in the cooler seasons...never in summer months.
As he has been refused to join me...my options are to go there or give up on my marriage which obviously I do not choose to do..
I am very concerned and have discussed with him my concerns in all of this
He is at his wits end trying to think of how we can solve this problem..we both are..
How do you guys cope with the temperature in summer months..coming from colder climates like u.k etc...any advice would really help...I don't know if we can afford to run air con half the year ! ..I want to be with my husband !  Thanx in advance

Hello Lynn

I've been going to Morrocco and other hot countries quite a lot and I'm sure my body has got more use to the high temperatures over the years. Some places in Morrocco are not as hot as others such as Casablanca, it's a lot cooler than say Marrakech. Or Agadir which is pretty much 25 all year round. Other things to do are keep in doors between 12 and 3 when its hottest or even longer. Where is your husband living?

Thank you for replying..
He lives in casa..we were thinking mohamedia would be good for us..I know Marrakech is out of the question..so agadir you say is around.25 most of the year ?..that's good to know..I could maybe tolerate that..

I think you might be ok in Casablanca, often the weather is like England! It's often cloudy and sometimes cold, especially compared to other parts of Morrocco. I just got back from Marrakech but unlike other times I planned what I was doing around the sun, avoiding tiring activities and trips out when it's the hottest which made a big difference. Other times I've wanted to get a tan but soon as you have to much sun you're gonna suffer so tried to avoid it this time. Maybe after a few months you will adjust to it?

Well Morocco still is heaven as compared to many asian countries where temperature touches 48 degree celsius in summer. Choose any city near the sea and you should be fine. While my stay at Morroco, I found marrakech and other hilly areas to be very hot, but when I stayed in casa, el jadida and other cities near the sea, temperature was surprisingly better. No air conditioner will be required if you choose the city wisely.

Thank you both for your replies to me. I do have a health issue so mid twenties is hot enough for me. I would probably still require air con in summer season. And will try not venture out during hotter days unless necessary. In saying that, I still need to function, so I'm hoping I will be able to cope. Regards lynn

Yes I would get air con for when it gets hot. When you're out and about you soon get use to walking in the shade and not standing in the sun. A cap helps a lot too. Some houses have rooftops which people go to at night to escape the heat too. Dyson do a hot and cold fan , I had one before and was impressed and would be less expensive alternative to air con and a good heater for the cold months

Hi Lynn,
I do understand your issue as I deal with the same. That is why I choose to live with my husband in Agadir and my (Moroccan) husband moved from Rabat and found a job there (I am still looking for one but did not make a lot of effort as I still move up and down from Holland). Agadir is heaven. The temperatures there are never extreme. And there is always a breeze from the ocean. The city has been rebuild after the disastrous earthquake so no pittoresk medina but the people are fresh, amazingly friendly and open. Lots of 'foreigners' too and great things to discover. Not to mention the surroundings.... Marrakech, Taroudant, Tafraout, Ouarzazate (hot! but too beautiful) very near, as the Sahara, Anti-Atlas, and lots of other great Moroccan beautiful places.
Love it!

Thank you both ! I appreciate your response to me and I will take note...have a good day and take care regards lynn