ASSISTANCE WITH BUYING A CAR

SO, Coming back in September without shipping a car this time.  I was hoping to find a cheap reliable one to last me for several months until I get mine shipped.  Any ideas/suggestions would be great.  Thanks all!!

Speak to Budget! They have great cars, new, clean and at very competitive rates.

If you only want something for a relatively short time, then it may be more economical to rent than buy, in which case I would talk to Tooranco in Juffair (American Alley), as they are normally competitive and willing to negotiate, a bit.

Plenty of rental places so would look there. It may also be worth talking to your employer as a number of companies have deals with various providers. if you are set on buying a car, then it really depends on what you want, the budget you have etc. there are cars at most price points

Thanks for the responses.  I know there's rental locations and I know it depends on how much etc.  I'm asking "where" would be a good location a reputable dealer. Thanks!

I have used a few places now so can give you a few names. Roughly which area will you be living or working? I can let you know of one which is close to you

I plan on living in juffair, I arrive in a couple of weeks. I thought about renting but will need it for a year now so figured a cheap car would be better

hi and welcome to the island
you can always search online or hop onto facebook and look in mumsn9n Bahrain, used &new cars in Bahrain and so many other pages on Facebook , that way you can find good deals and before buying you can take the car to a workshop( there is one place called smart check that checks up the car about 10 or 20bds ) or mechanic to check it up. otherwise , you also have so many place that sells used cars, for example, you have the a place near sanabis that is called Rakan , about 4 to 5 places are there that sells used cars, you also have Mondial Car Centre ( MCC ) , National motors for used cars ( this is a dealer for Honda and GM motors cars as well ) and many others that are not coming to me right now.
you can also log onto Instagram and type used cars in bahrain or cars in Bahrain and so many pages will just pop up and take there .

hope this helps , if anything just come to me i'll write here .

Hi Redline auto  is your best best there up front with you and deal with you.

Thanks!

Online you can look on this website olx.com.bh/en/vehicles/cars/

there is also another interesting option ; in bahrain the sellers park their cars with a SALE note on it along with their numbers and car model ,  i have seen many such cars displayed for SALE on Budiyah highway ... you can have a look at the car and then call the seller for a deal and a test drive and when you get to the final stage , have it checked by a mechanic.
trust this helps.
good luck

Thanks, I think I will try that!   :D

And if you ever in need of ay help , our expert expats and local friends here will help you out in any we can .

Wishing you all the best

rosie1 wrote:

SO, Coming back in September without shipping a car this time.  I was hoping to find a cheap reliable one to last me for several months until I get mine shipped.  Any ideas/suggestions would be great.  Thanks all!!

I would recommend you get a Public Transportation Taxi Service , there is quiet few of them are reliable trustful and very reasonable , you will hit with all of struggles if u seek a temporary used car .
I was in car business overseas and i could touch how it is so hard to find reliable used car in bahrain