New in Doha

Hey guys,
I moved to Doha 2 days ago and trying to find out what I can do in my free time which I have a lot during Ramadan now.
I moved from London so I got use to be in central all the time with a lot people around and now it's just me🙈 I don't really know anyone here.
Can you please recommend me some places where to go ?  Also I wanted to carry on in my powerlifting so I am looking for gym with proper equipment. Would be great if it was mix one please lol
Thank you so much x

Hi veronika
Let me firstly welcome to Doha..As you probably know you come during Ramadan times and many shops, restaurants are closed during the day.most open after sunset..so where to
Go during the day can be a challenge ..the amazing experience during Ramadan is that after sunset Doha changes  to a vibrant city with traffic jam as a bonus😂..
As you have just come to Qatar..just a word of caution..please don't eat,drink , smoke in public during the Ramadan times..it can be considered quite offensive and you may land yourself into lots of trouble..
For the gym..may be you make go to Qatar mall they have a nice gym there..I forgot the membership fee..but I guess it can be quite pricey
anyway let me introduce myself..I am half French and half British..I have living in qatar for 3 years and I work as safety manager for governmental projects..
Finally doha is an amazing place for me I can say..it's a very safe place..different types of food..different nationalities you will meet and it's a very good experience you will get
Should you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask me either here or via whatapp xxx
Cheerio
MA

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

:cool::cool::cool::dumbom:

Welcome to Qatar :)
Ramadan is the fasting month in qatar, so you probably will see the country very quiet and not too much to do until 25 or may be end of June. I would recommend you to exercise the culture here like iftar (the first meal after fasting which is at sunset), try it in a hotel restaurant, or "sohour" meal (last meal before fasting) after midnight, it is really very nice atmosphere. End of Ramadan there will be Eid "Muslims festive" holiday which will be almost one week holiday from 27 June.

For the fitness sessions, there are many fitness centres, it depends where you live. Mainly all hotels have membership offers for its fitness centre. I can help you with that, we have a lot of hotel's offers which I can share with you.
Definitely you will love the country here, but just be patient for a while 😊
Regards
Mahmoud

Hello Veronika
I have tried and failed in finding a proper gym. Most of them are cable and mirror galore. I joined Aspire as it has 2 oly platforms and a squat rack. If you ask for a monolift or Texas (or any decent DL) bar they look at you like you speak a foreign language.   From what I've seen I would bet you can outlift any guy. Unfortunately Aspire is not mixed. If you find one let me know as I can't train properly without equipment and spotters. Good luck.