TEFL Teacher

Guys my name is Tom, I arrive in Ho Chi Minh Wednesday, can any of you advise me of agenciesI that I can visit to try to get work.

Assuming that you are talking about EFL work, my advice is stay away from agencies altogether.  They will place you only in public school jobs and take a couple of $$ an hour for jobs that you could have had by applying directly at language centers.  The language centers perform a dual role of paid weekend and evening lessons and as contractors to place teachers in public schools.

Personally I like public school work (most don't) but I certainly wouldn't pay an agent for the chance to work in one.  They are just an added layer.

Many thanks for that! I'll look for Language Schools on the internet in Ho Chi Minh, have you any recommendations.

Unfortunately not.  I worked for the much maligned chain AMA mostly because it was the school closest to my home in an outer district and they afforded me more than 20 hours a week in one place.  In addition to that, the academic director was a fine person who was helpful and supportive of the teachers.  I understand that she has since broken off and started an independent school so I certainly would not recommend the chain.

Thank you so much, let's try to catch up soon.