Study English in Malta Island.

Hello,

I'm going to do an English immersion program in Malta and maybe someone can help me :)

My Questions
Has anyone used full immersion before? Are they as good as they seem?
Any school recommended?
How can I rent a cheap place? In a share appartement or even share room.
Where is the best and beautiful place to stay?
Anything else I should know?

Thanks,
Flávia

Hi, please contact: ***   thx.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Flávia,

I'm a teacher at a language school in the north of Malta, and I also have contacts at some other English schools in Malta.

I might be able to help - feel free to contact me (send me a private message).

Depending on when you're planning to come, and for how long, prices for accommodation vary a lot!

And as regards which is the best and most beautiful place to stay - this depends on what you like:

The north is great for the beaches, it's not far from Gozo and Comino, but generally more quiet. (The schools organise leisure activities, though.) 

The Sliema / St Julian's area (where most schools are located) is more "central", there are more things to do in the evening, and as there are more schools than in the north, there's also a better chance of meeting like-minded people :)

There are two schools in Valletta (the capital city), but I personally would rather choose Sliema / St Julians as a place to stay.

There is also one school in the centre of the island (in Mosta), a good friend of mine teaches there, but if I were a student I wouldn't choose Mosta, as this is more of a place to live, not to spend a great time in another country.

There are no schools in the south of Malta.

There are a few schools in Gozo - but as far as I know only one of them is open throughout the year - the others only offer courses in the summer. I could check that for you - I have some colleagues who teach at schools on Gozo.

Depending on how long you're planning to stay, what level of English you have and want to achieve, and your budget , there is a variety of different courses you might consider. (i.e. General English (in a group of 10 or a smaller group of 6), additional one-on-one lessons, etc, etc.)

Also,  would you prefer a larger school, or a smaller school?

There may be more things to consider - if you give me a bit more info on when and how long you're planning to come, I'll be happy to help :)

Bernie