( permission to marry)

Hai. Im Intan.

I'm humbly seek for your advice here. I'm a Malaysian and I want to marry a Muslim Myanmar nationalist who is currently holding student visa in Malaysia.

We would like to solemnize our marriage in Malaysia on September 2017. However we both are blur on how the procedures should be.

With reference to Myanmar law, what are the procedures that he must follow so that marriage could validly be registered in Malaysia? And how much time needed to comply with the procedures.

Thank you in advance

Your future wife needs to contact her embassy here in Malaysia to get proof that she is legally able to marry you. In addition she needs written permission of her father or guardian.You will have marriage preparation classes to attend and you can ask about this at your mosque. Both of you will need to have a medical certificate as well.

Thank u for your reply. Do u know how Myanmar laws operate for foreign marriage? We contacted few people from Myanmar. But they are Buddhist. So we scared the procedure wont be same for Muslim Myanmar.  :sosad:

I think you will find that national laws don't govern Muslim marriages anywhere in the world. It is a religious process and not a secular one.

The only reason you need to contact the embassy is to enquire about which legal documents they need to endorse. Every nationality and religion that marries in Malaysia has to do the same. If you are in doubt contact the Malaysian government department responsible for Muslim marriage.

As you plan to marry in Malaysia - the rules here will apply. You just need to fill out the relevant forms and produce the documents required. Like a checklist if you want. You are on home territory so it should not be difficult.

Hi! I got married last year under student visa. The procedure is easy or not too. There is basically alot of documents required for the foreigner and for the local you only need your father if you are a girl. If you need any specific info ask me in inbox.
Dont let others scare you and get you in to mess. There is only one cruicial document needed for the foreigner which is a single certificate. I have done everything by myself and had no problem everythingg went smoothly.

Hi. I am muslim male from India and I plan to marry muslim female from Malaysia. We decide to marry in Malaysia as girl's parents insisting to marry there. The malaysia marriage requirements require singleness certificate from India. Is anyone aware what is the procedure to get Singleness certificate from India and from where? Any help will be appreciated much. Thank you.