NOC Procedure

Hi all,

I am working here in muscat since last 2 year. I have a doubt regarding the NOC.
1.  Is only NOC letter is enough to change the job or my present employer need to come & sign in manpower.
2. If i exit oman along with NOC during the exit emmigration officer put NOC seal on ma passport or only cancellation seal.

Please help me guys.

i finish my 2 years contract my wife want to apply husband family visit visa for me. But the immigration I looking for noc..but my company don't want to give me noc..is there another way to apply family visa for me

mervin062783 wrote:

i finish my 2 years contract my wife want to apply husband family visit visa for me. But the immigration I looking for noc..but my company don't want to give me noc..is there another way to apply family visa for me

From your broken English context, I may extract the meaning that you have either lost or resigned from your job and now willing to get a family joining visa from your wife's employer.
The bad news is, you won't be having a family joining visa from your wife's employer as this is not allowed for males (Or I'd say husband). I ain't go into depth of highlighting "WHY".

You are only eligible for a visit visa (3 - 6 months) which your wife may apply via her employer. Generally a visit visa doesn't require NOC, however many employers don't want to take a headache of stating explanations to immigration and hence they demand NOC from the applicant's ex-employer.

However There may be a possibility of entering the country by requesting any of your Omani friend who may take a hassle of applying a separate express / visit visa for you that may allow you to obtain a single entry permit.

Thank you my friend..but now even visit visa need noc..my wife trying to apply in many travel and tours..all of them are asking for noc...why?

mervin062783 wrote:

Thank you my friend..but now even visit visa need noc..my wife trying to apply in many travel and tours..all of them are asking for noc...why?

Hi mervin062783,

The NOC rule is quite simple.

It says very clearly that any expatriate employee who leaves his  / her job must have a valid NOC from the last employer if they wish to return to the Sultanate - on ANY visa - before 2 years from the date of their departure.

So now what is your question really ?

Is there any another way for me to come back in muscat?

Hi mervin062783,

If you don't have a NOC you cannot come back for two-years from the date of your departure.

Thank you so much sir god bless

Hi all , i am indian expat working as a dentist in private hospital, my employer terminated me before 2 months of my visa expiry, they promised me to giving noc , now i am simply sitting in their accomdation without job , now they r not responding ,every day they tell we will give but not giving noc, my situation is very critical  here no pro is there, no response from employer,my visa will expire next month 2018, without salary living will be difficult, i am afraid any threatning to me from employer,please give me suggestion any one .

Why on the earth this  "FEAR" factor particularly "Afraid" word comes across enormous posts out here. I wonder if these people consider themselves as a head bounded slaves or something ???

@Muhammad Zulklif!
Do you even know your worth being an educated dentist? Do you think this word AFRAID suits you? It's as simple as to visit your management, ask for the final settlement and force them to proceed the further procedures of your exit. I really do want to know what is that factor that makes you afraid?   

To all those AFRAID people out there,  remember that you guys are working for money and not loyalty. If your employers or Omani sponsors need a loyalty or a slavery, they should be hiring dogs instead.

Mohammed zulklif wrote:

Hi all , i am indian expat working as a dentist in private hospital, my employer terminated me before 2 months of my visa expiry, they promised me to giving noc , now i am simply sitting in their accomdation without job , now they r not responding ,every day they tell we will give but not giving noc, my situation is very critical  here no pro is there, no response from employer,my visa will expire next month 2018, without salary living will be difficult, i am afraid any threatning to me from employer,please give me suggestion any one .

Hi Mohammed zulklif,

Knowing your helplessness, your employer is only harassing and browbeating you.

It is for such hapless expatriates like yourself, that the embassy is there. They will offer you all help and assistance.

So instead of sitting and suffering in solitude, approach the Indian Embassy with the full details of your case. Let the embassy officials guide you on how to extricate yourself from your unfortunate situation.

You should also lodge a complaint with the Ministry of Manpower, after consulting with the embassy officials.

Thank u very much for your suggestion sir

Hi there,
I had left my job in 2015 sept. my visa was for 2yrs starting from Aug-2015 till Aug-2017,
Is NOC mandatory for me if i try for any Jobs in OMAN??!!!
pls provide info...

Your visa will be automatically cancelled after 6 months if you're out of oman, means your visa is automatically cancelled since march 2016. 2 years is finished, so maybe you can search new job now.

T.L.N.Reddy wrote:

Hi there,
I had left my job in 2015 sept. my visa was for 2yrs starting from Aug-2015 till Aug-2017,
Is NOC mandatory for me if i try for any Jobs in OMAN??!!!
pls provide info...

Hi T.L.N.Reddy,

Technically you do not need a NOC now to try for a job in Oman, as two years have elapsed since your exit.

But, more importantly, the manner of your exit would be critical to decide whether you could return safely to the Sultanate, or not.

If your employer was fully aware and had no objections to your departure within just a month of your joining and if your visa had duly been cancelled, then consider all is well for your return.

But, if your employer was peeved with your unexpectedly swift departure and wanted to make things difficult for you, they could have done things which might seriously impede your return.

So it all depends on the terms of your exit and how cordial the relationship between you and your employer / sponsor was.