Close

NOC Procedure

Hi all,

I am working here in muscat since last 2 year. I have a doubt regarding the NOC.
1.  Is only NOC letter is enough to change the job or my present employer need to come & sign in manpower.
2. If i exit oman along with NOC during the exit emmigration officer put NOC seal on ma passport or only cancellation seal.

Please help me guys.

i finish my 2 years contract my wife want to apply husband family visit visa for me. But the immigration I looking for noc..but my company don’t want to give me noc..is there another way to apply family visa for me

mervin062783 :

i finish my 2 years contract my wife want to apply husband family visit visa for me. But the immigration I looking for noc..but my company don’t want to give me noc..is there another way to apply family visa for me

From your broken English context, I may extract the meaning that you have either lost or resigned from your job and now willing to get a family joining visa from your wife's employer.
The bad news is, you won't be having a family joining visa from your wife's employer as this is not allowed for males (Or I'd say husband). I ain't go into depth of highlighting "WHY".

You are only eligible for a visit visa (3 - 6 months) which your wife may apply via her employer. Generally a visit visa doesn't require NOC, however many employers don't want to take a headache of stating explanations to immigration and hence they demand NOC from the applicant's ex-employer.

However There may be a possibility of entering the country by requesting any of your Omani friend who may take a hassle of applying a separate express / visit visa for you that may allow you to obtain a single entry permit.

Thank you my friend..but now even visit visa need noc..my wife trying to apply in many travel and tours..all of them are asking for noc...why?

mervin062783 :

Thank you my friend..but now even visit visa need noc..my wife trying to apply in many travel and tours..all of them are asking for noc...why?

Hi mervin062783,

The NOC rule is quite simple.

It says very clearly that any expatriate employee who leaves his  / her job must have a valid NOC from the last employer if they wish to return to the Sultanate - on ANY visa - before 2 years from the date of their departure.

So now what is your question really ?

Is there any another way for me to come back in muscat?

Hi mervin062783,

If you don't have a NOC you cannot come back for two-years from the date of your departure.

Thank you so much sir god bless